Photo

The night before.....???

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 bride81

bride81
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

My FI and I plan on spending the night apart :(  He is actually more for it than me.  I am just worried about being so nervous the day of!!!

#62 melissa1017

melissa1017
    • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

We are planning on spending the night before the wedding together, then I think we will go to breakfast, just the two of us, to have a little breather before the wedding and to have some alone time, as I'm sure we will be smothered by family and friends the days leading up to it.  But as soon a breakfast is over, we're note seeing each other until the wedding (planning a late afternoon wedding, so we'll have plenty of time to spend apart from each other!)

#63 melissa1017

melissa1017
      • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

We are planning on spending the night before the wedding together, then I think we will go to breakfast, just the two of us, to have a little breather before the wedding and to have some alone time, as I'm sure we will be smothered by family and friends the days leading up to it.  But as soon a breakfast is over, we're note seeing each other until the wedding (planning a late afternoon wedding, so we'll have plenty of time to spend apart from each other!)

#64 CJLKB2012

CJLKB2012
        • 84 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

we plan on spending the night apart, I love the idea of seeing him for the frist time on our wedding day as I walk down the isle, soo romantic, this will be the only really traditional aspect of our wedding :)

#65 Kim Deslippe

Kim Deslippe
          • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Glad this thread popped up, I've been kinda wondering how to work this tradition into our DW.  We really have no preference either way ourselves, but our folks/friends have questioned what we plan to do.  Our ceremony isn't until 4pm and I'm guessing that hair and makeup is going to start around lunch time, if not earlier, so we probably won't see much of each other the morning of anyway.  Thinking that maybe we'll just stay together the night before, have breakfast with each other and then part ways until the ceremony.  It's not like we don't have lots of time to figure it out, since our wedding is not until Feb. 6/2013

Great reading everyone else's thoughts on this though!

#66 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

It was one thing my husband and I went back and forth on.  He thought we should stay together the night before, but I really didn't want to.  I'm really glad we chose to spend the night apart.  I got to spend the night with my MOH, stayed up to late talking and having fun.  I think it really made walking down the aisle to him that much more special.  We spent the night seperate and I went for breakfast with the girls, him with the boys, then we went off to the spa and him and the guys did their own thing.  If I had to do it again I wouldn't change that for anything!

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

Glad this thread popped up, I've been kinda wondering how to work this tradition into our DW.  We really have no preference either way ourselves, but our folks/friends have questioned what we plan to do.  Our ceremony isn't until 4pm and I'm guessing that hair and makeup is going to start around lunch time, if not earlier, so we probably won't see much of each other the morning of anyway.  Thinking that maybe we'll just stay together the night before, have breakfast with each other and then part ways until the ceremony.  It's not like we don't have lots of time to figure it out, since our wedding is not until Feb. 6/2013

Great reading everyone else's thoughts on this though!

#67 Tia529

Tia529
            • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

For now, we plan on spending the night before together.  I'd like to wake up next to him that morning, exchange presents in front of each other, then grab breakfast before starting the craziness of the day.  I'm really looking forward to that alone time that we'll have that morning.

#68 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
              • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

We are debating this right now. I guess if you separate after breakfast for the day, it will still seem you are apart for a while :)

#69 stella331

stella331
                • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

We will be staying in separate rooms. Our wedding package that we choose includes a room for the groom the night before:)
                  46 booked and counting!

#70 principessa

principessa
                  • 219 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

We will be spending it apart.  My family would never allow it because of it being bad luck ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users