Insuring your Engagement Ring

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 michelle08

• VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by NATASHA
    Oh - I'm so confused about this. When I did an initial insurance quote, the amount they wanted per year was crazy. I want to say it was $3000 to $3500 a year. I dropped that to do after that.

Is this consistent with others or was the insurance company over-quoting me?
    Yes...that is absolutely ridiculous....I don't know how much your ring is but that isn't right! They must have done something wrong! You didn't buy that did you?

#42 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

I dropped the whole insurance thing altogether after they gave me that quote, but, yes that was what they quoted. Granted, it was for full replacement for lost, stolen, or damanged, and my ring is a bit expensive, but no, it's not $100,000 (or $50,000 for that matter). I was so shocked.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#43 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

yea - i have multiple pieces of jewelry insured and i want to say it's around $200 per year to insure as a rider on my homeowners policy. there had to be some mistake with that quote! i've had like 4 or so policies due to changing ins. companies, moving, etc and it's always been around the same price.

#44 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

We pay approx 240 a year when we added it to our renter's insurance policy... although i am not sure if we got a discount because we have our car insurance through them too... oh, and we use liberty mutual :)

#45 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

Thats about the same that we pay as well. I read somewhere, proabable pricescope.. that you should at least get insurance for the first year. A lot of times its your frist ring and you are not used to wearing it or taking it off and leaving it places, etc. I think this is probably true, i am sure some of the members on here have horror stories about lost rings.. Insurance is well worth it if you cant easily afford to replace the ring.

#46 2bmosley

• 61 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

Thanks Ladies.. I Have Aaa And Usaa ( I Am A Military Officer Brat) I Guess I Need To Check With Them Both. I Love This Site.

#47 Indecisive Bride to be

Indecisive Bride to be
              • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

We have everything insured thru the same company (1 house,2 vehicals, 1 travel trailer & 1 quad ...& now my ring thru the same company) and we are still paying almost $700 Per year!!
                What do you do what if something did happen to your ring could you pay to replace it.

#48 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

WOW. That is a lot of money. There must be a mistake. I only pay $151 a year through Statefarm and my ring is quite expensive. Actually insuring for the first year is pretty smart. I actually lost my e-ring at the airport about 2 months after I got it. What a traumatizing experience. But the good thing is that I found it even though it had been run over!!

#49 Kristin113

• 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hi have my renter's, car and e-ring insurance all with the same company but I was told that my e-ring couldn't be placed on my renter's insurance b/c it wouldn't be covered if I lost it outside of my apt. Does this sound right?? And even with having the same company for all insurance, the insurance for my ring was alot more than I expected...$660 a year. I did get other quotes for over $1000, but this just seems like alot compared to everyone elses.

#50 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

i cant say enough good things about farmers insurance. ive been robbed twice at my old house (they came back 3 weeks later and cleared out the good stuff.. bastards)

anywys farmers never skipped a beat, had a check out to me and were so considerate. its like the only hire the nicest people on earth haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users