Skyservice charter airline suspends flights

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 hiccups

• 224 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

So sorry to hear!! I hope everything works out.

#12 CND_Redhead

• 184 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and best wishes to anyone that has been affected by this!
      I can't even imagine how I would be in this situation. I think we're dealing with AirTransat (but we don't go till Jan 2011).
      I wish everyone the best of luck re -routing and hopefully you can still have a wonderful vacation/wedding!

Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

#13 JessicaANDJermaine

• 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Oh man my heart goes out to all the couples having to deal with this and those people who lost their jobs so suddenly

#14 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Don't worry too much girls...I think it will all work out - it always does! Your TA should be able to get you booked on another flight. Our flights were cancelled before our wedding too, and it was more of a pain having to connect since we weren't on a charter anymore, but once we got to the resort we forgot all about it and had the best week ever. So don't stress too much!

#15 gymrat

• 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

just read the news online.

such an inconvenience to travellers. hope all the brides on BDW get their travel plans re-arranged asap!

all the best, and RIP skyservice. we had good times together.

#16 sweetluna

• 183 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

I read about this on CBC today and immediately thought about my fellow brides on BDW. I hope it all works out for you, try to remain calm, and let your TA's work their magic. I hope it turns out like Heather says and you get through the inconvenience and move forward with a great vacation & wedding.

#17 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Yikes... we flew Skyservice last year at this time for our DW. Hope it all works out for our brides using Skyservice. It should be fine, but it sure does cause some un-needed stress, that's for sure. Good luck ladies!

#18 Marie

• 138 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

I was just reading on sunquest website that they (the tour operator) will have everyone rebooked and taken care of by tomorrow.....so it sounds like Sunquest are taking care of their passengers.....hope thats the case with all of you on here.....thinking about you--I know this is the last thing you thought or dreamt would happen right before your wedding......good luck.....fingers crossed......

#19 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I am set to leave in 2 weeks.....a little worried. I booked through Sunquest and I know they will be taking care of us but worried that if the times change it could mess up our second trip....we are leaving after we get back in less than 12 hours to another destination...if flights times differ at all it could really mess us up. I am also hoping they don't split our group up...we only have 21 but they could still split us....We were told to hang tough till tomorrow....I have a great TA and she has been keeping me updated!

Lets keep our fingers crossed ladies!!!

#20 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

Btn1091....When are you leaving...and from where We may be on the same flight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users