Skyservice charter airline suspends flights

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

Just a heads up for any brides who have flights on skyservice for their upcoming wedding, this was just posted on the CBC website:

The Skyservice charter airline cancelled several of its scheduled flights out of Toronto's Pearson International Airport on Wednesday.

A local Toronto television news channel says the privately owned company may have gone out of business.

Flights from Toronto to the vacation destinations of Montego Bay, Cozumel, Puerto Plata and Cancun have been cancelled, according to the Greater Toronto Airport Authority's traveller information website. As of mid-morning, flights to Nassau, Punta Cana, and Liberia, Costa Rica, were still showing up as being "on time" departures.

The CBC and other media outlets have been unable to reach a Skyservice representative for comment and a spokeswoman for the Greater Toronto Airport Authority has referred all questions to the company.

Messages have been left for the CEO of Skyservice.

More to come

I hope no one on this forum is affected by this.

#2 indy_chic

• 336 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

I am - my group is scheduled to leave in 1.5 wks. We'll see how this turns out - TA is working on it now.

#3 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Indychic, I hope your TA can get this all sorted out and that there are no problems with your flights. I'm so sorry that you have this added stress so close to your wedding.

#4 indy_chic

• 336 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Yes - it's a little too close for comfort. We fly out next weekend and the group follows. Apparently Skyservice is working on a "re-protected" flight for everyone.

#5 CdnBeatPrincess

• 296 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

I just heard the news, hopefully everyone finds a way home or gets to their destinations. *Fingers Crossed*

#6 Krista_H

• 428 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Ugg just read this. We flew Skyservice and missed this by 1 month. I can't even imagine people that are flying out today or tomorrow.

Indy Chic - thank goodness you have some time.

#7 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

CBC is now saying they have filed for receivership and shut down for good. I hope they have arrangements in place for anyone who was booked on an upcoming flight.

#8 btn1091

• 180 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

I got a message today that skyservice is out of business and is moving all their flights to other airlines!!! Problem is... there might not be another flight for half of my wedding group... and that includes my photographer!!! What the ******!!!!! I'm so upset right now...this changes everything...and now I might not have a photographer... my pictures were soooo important to me!!

#9 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

OMG, so sorry!!
                    I hope it all gets worked out. Sounds like West Jet is really stepping up to help..

#10 Helen_S81

• 985 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I heard on 680 news on the way home that they have gone into receivership. But they only book with tour operators. So it is up to your tour operator (Sunquest, Signature, Nolitours etc) to figure out new flight arrangements. Skyservice shuts down operations - 680News

We just got back from Los Cabos -March 6 to 13. Flew Skyservice and used a credit ($250) that was to expire April 1, 2010. Whew we were lucky!

What an awful situation for anyone leaving soon! Good luck and I hope your travel agent can sort it all out for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users