Photo

Help! Which gift is better for Bridesmaid!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Island Bride

Island Bride
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

I'm totally stuck on these two gifts! I want to either get them a little jewelry box so that can have it forever to remember my wedding or a custom wine glass by Lolita! Help! I need opinions! I was thinking of the jewelry box because I have bought all their jewelry for the wedding so I was gonna give the jewelry to them in the jewelry box. I want the wine glass cuz thats just so unique!!

Heres the wine glasses..
    Click the image to open in full size.

And I havent picked a certain jewelry box yet, but basically its a little jewlery box with their name etched in it.

Any suggestions will help! Thanks so much!

#2 roo66

roo66
    • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:29 AM

I like the wine glass you can match them to there personality.Maybe have a girly evening and add a tag with a special memory to each glass or the wine. I dont thnk you can give them without the alcohol.What do you think?

#3 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
      • 400 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

I like the sunglass ones.....BUT I LOVE these more!!

BRIDAL PARTY 9 glasses by FizzyArtist on Etsy
        http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
        May 29, 2010
        Cancun, Mexico

#4 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

I love these!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by snoopAsh
          I like the sunglass ones.....BUT I LOVE these more!!

BRIDAL PARTY 9 glasses by FizzyArtist on Etsy

#5 emilyk78

emilyk78
          • 220 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

Cute glasses!! But they might be hard to travel with - unless you're planning on giving them to them prior to the trip.
            ~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#6 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
            • 2,727 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

I like the wine glass idea...I was actually going to do the same but decided to make my own! I am using colored Margarita glasses (to go with our Cancun wedding) and I will be decorating myself to match each of the girls personalities.
              He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
              My Planning Thread

#7 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
              • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

The wine glass idea is cute, but I usually lean towards practicality and if the decision were mine, I would go with the jewellery box as it would have more use and more longevity. Best of both worlds -- do both!
                Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#8 cross

cross
                • 198 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

I love both your gift ideas, but I have to agree with Thomasjsgirl on the practicality issue. The jewelry box is more universal as well as classic. Also like a few previous comments said that the glasses may be hard to travel with.

#9 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
                  • 946 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

I would also lean towards the jewelry box.....it is just such a classic gift....I think much more lasting that a wine glass!

#10 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                    • 333 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

I agree....glasses would be hard to travel with. If you are giving them to the girls before the trip I love the wine glasses. If you are going to travel with them I would definitely do the jewelry boxes......Also just a thought, i saw personalized and cute wine glasses with different girls on them to match personalities at Marshalls and Ross. Unless you are set on the other glasses, but definitely if looking for a bargain check the wine glasses out there....never know what you might find, then maybe you could do both?
                      ~Christina~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users