I lost my ring today!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

Oh you poor poor thing. I also have this issue with my ring at the gym. My FI keeps telling me not to wear it since the metal against metal of the weights is apparently bad. I refuse to take it off and put it anywhere since I am terribly afraid it will dissapear! I keep wearing it anyways....there is no way I'm putting it anywhere in my gym bag! You are so lucky you found it!

I lost my keys one day at the gym and had everyone running around looking for them in the most random places...turns out I was being blonde and had hung them on the coat rack hooks..... don't know where my mind was as....I never fessed up that I had actually accidentally put them there; instead I said someone must have taken them by accident and put them back there I felt like a dumbass after having the workers make multiple announcement.....I'm guessing you didn't fess up and say the ring was in your bootay!

#52 jlink78

jlink78
    • 207 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

OMG Susan! That comment about pulling it out of your bum (literally!) had me cracking up! So glad you found it.

#53 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

SO glad you found it! PHEW!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#54 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

I'm so late to this but Susan I am so glad you found it. I think I stopped breathing the entire time I was reading it and I was silently praying, "please tell me that at the end of this post she tells us she found it or I will die for her".

~Tami that is just awful I want to cry for you. Here you are a person who always returns things that you find and your FI is sacrificing himself for the good of a lot of people and someone is awful enough to take the one thing you have of his right now. Its so unfair!!!!

I have lost my ring like 3 times. Once I had it in the ring box and it fell out of my overnight bag and rolled onto my FI's living room floor.
          I can't even remember how I lost is the second time. But the third time was really scary b/c when I first got it I wasn't used to wearing it and I would take it off all the time to wash my hands. Well one time I was wasted and I took it off in the girl's bathroom of a bar and left it there! By the time I ran back in it was gone. I was in tears.

Then this girl came up to me and was like "Did you lose an e-ring?" And I said "yes" and she took it out of her pocket. Apparently her best friend (who was with her at the time) had lost her e-ring at a bar 2 weeks ago and they kept saying that if they ever found an e-ring they would return it and they couldn't understand how people could be so cruel. I was soooooo lucky she found it and not someone else. All I kept thinking was that I hoped I was lucky b/c good karma followed me since I always return things.

Tami I am going to have lots of faith that the ring will turn up somehow. Have you tried going to local jewelery shops or pawn shops? It's possible whoever took it sold it to a local store for cash.

#55 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            I'm so late to this but Susan I am so glad you found it. I think I stopped breathing the entire time I was reading it and I was silently praying, "please tell me that at the end of this post she tells us she found it or I will die for her".

~Tami that is just awful I want to cry for you. Here you are a person who always returns things that you find and your FI is sacrificing himself for the good of a lot of people and someone is awful enough to take the one thing you have of his right now. Its so unfair!!!!

I have lost my ring like 3 times. Once I had it in the ring box and it fell out of my overnight bag and rolled onto my FI's living room floor.
            I can't even remember how I lost is the second time. But the third time was really scary b/c when I first got it I wasn't used to wearing it and I would take it off all the time to wash my hands. Well one time I was wasted and I took it off in the girl's bathroom of a bar and left it there! By the time I ran back in it was gone. I was in tears.

Then this girl came up to me and was like "Did you lose an e-ring?" And I said "yes" and she took it out of her pocket. Apparently her best friend (who was with her at the time) had lost her e-ring at a bar 2 weeks ago and they kept saying that if they ever found an e-ring they would return it and they couldn't understand how people could be so cruel. I was soooooo lucky she found it and not someone else. All I kept thinking was that I hoped I was lucky b/c good karma followed me since I always return things.

Tami I am going to have lots of faith that the ring will turn up somehow. Have you tried going to local jewelery shops or pawn shops? It's possible whoever took it sold it to a local store for cash.
            Hey Nrvsbride!

I am keeping the faith after your stories. Wow ... You have some luck (good and bad ... hehe) ... I'm so thankful it was returned to you (did the red eyes from bawling give you away as the girl who left it??)

Yes, I've filed a police report, checked the pawn shops, put up CASH REWARD signs, and consistently ask at the tanning salon. I'm hoping one day it will still turn up... but I've given up on the tears, only because my eyes went dry.

#56 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

aw - tami, i'm just reading your post now, and MAN does that suck!!!! i can deal with a lot of things, but liars, thieves, and cheaters are my BIGGEST pet peeves...hopefully, karma will kick the person in the a$$....

#57 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:46 AM

oh my goodness! what a scarey, but eventaully funny story!

#58 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by naughie
                  aw - tami, i'm just reading your post now, and MAN does that suck!!!! i can deal with a lot of things, but liars, thieves, and cheaters are my BIGGEST pet peeves...hopefully, karma will kick the person in the a$$....
                  LOL ... my seniments exactly!

#59 dlou

dlou
                  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

OMG I would have been freaking out!!! I'm so glad you found it!

#60 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                    • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

Tami when I went back into that tanning salon I would have called the cops right then and there and demanded that they search every single worker's bag and person. If they have nothing to hide then they should have no problems opening their bags. I think I seriously would have killed someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users