What to get for men for OOT bags?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ourvm

• 211 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

Hi all,
    I'm on a shopping spree now for OOT bags, luckily we are only having about 20 people attending our wedding. Do folks typically prepare 1 OOT bag per person or couple?
    I have bought a lot of cool things for the ladies - flip flops, cover ups, and pashminas but for men, I only have flip flops. My FI suggested caps but that is still fairly small in size and the OOT bags for men (assuming we have one per person) will look lighter than the ladies. What are others doing?

Appreciate your thoughts,

#2 Taghan

• 239 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

How about a flask for the guys? I would recommend doing 1 bag per couple.

#3 YIweddings

• 173 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

I think some people are adding plastic beer mugs, or coolers.
        Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#4 BeachBride10

• 169 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

I would definately do one bag per couple. I have some single guys that I was thinking about using a cooler for their bag (with stuff in it) or a sling bag. As far as what to put in there for the guys, the only things I have thought of are frisbee, beer mug, maybe snorkel gear (may get spendy), under water disposable camera, beach towel. Hope some of those work for you.

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#5 AlexsBride

• 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Yeah I am doing one bag per couple...and am not focusing AS much on the guys than the girls! Just because I know the guys in my group, most of the stuff will end up in the garbage and I don't want it to be a waste of money. I am doing a pair of flip flops for everyone (hopefully can hit the dollar sale at Old Navy!) and then the standard, gender neutral stuff, like meds, drink mix etc.
            Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#6 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

This is a similar question but not necessarily only for the guys. We are considering adding cheap MP3 players to our OOT bags if we can find. Does anyone know a good place to find them. Cheapest we've found on ebay is about $120/10 and we're hoping to find cheaper!! Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas.

#7 ourvm

• 211 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. Thanks for suggesting 1 bag per couple - makes things much easier and won't look as unbalanced. Now we'll have too many OOT bags - guess I can always use as grocery bags.
                The disposable underwater camera is a great idea and mp3 player would be cool - are you planning on pre-loading music so that guests can use during the trip? FI also suggested caps for the guys which we may also include.

#8 ourvm

• 211 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

oh - and one bag per couple means less welcome books to prepare - :)

#9 PVBride2010

• 157 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

How about mini bottles of liquor or matches/lighters.

#10 JerseyBride1981

• 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:22 AM

I'm also doing 1 bag per couple and personalizing based upon the couple in the room. Most have 2 (man & woman) but I do have one guest (MOH) that has 3 in her room. Guess their bag is going to be stuffed, I am not doing three bags for them!!! But for the guys, FI told me his guys won't want flip flops so I was thinking to do something more manly like cigars but not sure how that would go over with customs. Flask is a good idea also.

So far, I am doing a welcome book, flip flops (women) personalized beach towels, first aid kit, possibly water bottles (price), water purification tablets, playing cards. Oh, man I need some more items...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users