Photo

"beachy" music

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 sstotz

sstotz
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

jimmy buffett for sure.. or paul simon..
    i like that some where over the rainbow version they used in 50 first dates (i think thats where i heard it), too..
    ~Soon to be Shanny May
    June 20th, 2009
    Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#42 syl1115

syl1115
    • 789 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

I love the song "The Sea" by Morcheeba. I am using it in my photo slideshow.
      Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#43 nicollem

nicollem
      • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

Widows in Paradise - Sufjan Stevens

Before the title freaks you out!!!!
        If there's a way to get just the instrumental part... it's beautiful

#44 bakerisacat

bakerisacat
        • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:45 AM

My list is a little different! There are only the 2 of us going to be at our wedding :) so Im looking for songs for the photo dvd to give people when we come home.

Right now, the pics before the wedding (getting dressed, etc) will have Jason Mraz 'Im Yours" playing, the ceremony will be Sade 'By Your Side' remix and the traditional/TTD pics will be Jack Johnson 'Better Together' :)

I think for the actual ceremony we aren't going to have anything... its just the waves crashing or possibly a remix of Canon D (LOVE a couple of the versions out, also have a dj friend who might be able to come up with a mix just for us!), we aren't traditional at all, though all this wedding planning seems to be bringing that out in me lol!

If anyone has any songs that fit the ceremony as well as the two others I picked, I would love to hear them! Im having trouble finding one that 'fits' with the other ones!

#45 srbina

srbina
          • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

For those of you who want to walk to Canon in D, Keith Kubena has a nice version of it that I think I might use.

#46 neen

neen
            • 633 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

I was originally planning on using Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my processional, but couldn't decide on a recessional song. So then I flipped it - now I'm using "You're So Cool" for my processional and Somewhere Over the Rainbow will now be our recessional...yea!

If you haven't heard "you're so cool" is the theme from True Romance and very beachy IMO:

YouTube - True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer

#47 Mel&B

Mel&B
              • 613 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

Since there are so many Jason Mraz fans out there, also try listening to Tristan Prettyman. I like to call her the "female Jack Johnson." She's a surfer girl from San Diego and her music rocks! I love it!

#48 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
                • 668 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by coming together
                  Jimmy Buffet Is always great...However, since you are going with the "50 first dates" opener.. how about "Wouldn't it be nice" by the Beach Boys. That's the song Drew sings about Adam when she is painting.
                  Love this idea! Thanks- Beach boys remind me of my parents listening to records when I was little.

#49 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
                  • 668 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by neen
                    I was originally planning on using Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my processional, but couldn't decide on a recessional song. So then I flipped it - now I'm using "You're So Cool" for my processional and Somewhere Over the Rainbow will now be our recessional...yea!

If you haven't heard "you're so cool" is the theme from True Romance and very beachy IMO:

YouTube - True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer
                    UGH love this too! I am gonna have tooo many songs for the ceremony!

#50 Kristie O

Kristie O
                    • Banned
                    • 369 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:58 AM

im not sure how this would be for walking down the isle but ive been thinking about making it my website song because its "beachy" and if you like the movie "the beach" with leo, even better:) YouTube - All Saints - Pure Shores

heres the lyrics...YouTube - All Saints - Pure Shores (Instrumental Version)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users