Photo

The official P90X Support Group!

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#141 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

LOL Autumn... shhhh! It's mostly in our heads!

Cindy you are talking about me! I totally was so frustrated because FI hopped on day one and is doing full pullups with ease and I try to go from just standing which is much easier and he's looking at me going "just do one! Try!" and I'm like... "you don't understand, I AM TRYING!!" It took me trying to do a pull up every single day probably multiple times a day before I finally did one and called FI screaming :)

#142 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
    • 291 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hey ladies - oh pull ups - they will be the death of me. They are still really tough for me and I can't do a proper one either with the bars we have at home - at the gym I can do the close grip one but I think it's all in my arms. One thing that helps me is if my FI helps me a little. I do it with one foot on my couch, they still make me out of breath so I figure I'm still burning calories - but like you ladies I wish I could do them like my FI...but I don't really want his huge back muscles lol..

#143 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
      • 291 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

PS - I did Chest and Back on Monday, I can barely lift my arms....and I have to do Shoulders/Triceps tonight uuuuggh.

#144 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

I won't get in shoulders/arms tonight, but I am getting up to do it early!!!
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#145 Cindy*

Cindy*
          • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KittenHeart
            LOL Autumn... shhhh! It's mostly in our heads!

Cindy you are talking about me! I totally was so frustrated because FI hopped on day one and is doing full pullups with ease and I try to go from just standing which is much easier and he's looking at me going "just do one! Try!" and I'm like... "you don't understand, I AM TRYING!!" It took me trying to do a pull up every single day probably multiple times a day before I finally did one and called FI screaming :)
            Kittenheart, that is amazing! You are my inspiration. I can't wait till I can do my first real pull up.

#146 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

I'm so happy! I made it through the entire mason twist exercise (I usually have to take a break) in ab ripper today. Yahoo!!!

#147 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
              • 291 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ginalyn
                I'm so happy! I made it through the entire mason twist exercise (I usually have to take a break) in ab ripper today. Yahoo!!!
                That's awesome!! I still have only made it to 40 - congrats that is tough!!

#148 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
                • 291 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kelie11
                  Hey! so happy I found this site :) I just started P90x this week. Today is day 7. I am very active but this is HARD!!! my body has been sore all week and I love it. I am doingthe classic program. My goal is to loose inches and tone up. I wouldnt mind dropping 5-8 lbs either. You think the classic will help me to achieve this? Thanks guys.
                  Welcome!
                  I think that if you have some "extras" to lose then this program would definitely help. Obviously it won't work as well if you're eating like crap - but I think you'll definitely notice a difference within the first few weeks - with more results in the second/third phases.
                  You would think after weeks of doing this that my body would be used to it but I'm still pretty sore on a regular basis - I guess that's the beauty of this program and why it works :). Let us know how it goes for you :)

#149 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cindy*
                    Kittenheart, that is amazing!
                    YAY! This was an accompliment for me too when I first did it, those puppies are hard!

#150 kwaits

kwaits
                    • 98 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I am on week 2 and I already can tell a difference in my body. I feel stronger and more confident. People keep asking me if I am losing weight or saying that I look thinner/more toned (mainly in the arms). If this is the kind of results Im getting after 2 weeks I can only image what it will be like in 3 months :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users