Sign in to follow this  
chipotle99

The official P90X Support Group!

Sorry about your wrist Ginalyn sad.gif

I'm taking a week off because the weather is so dang beautiful and just wanted to be outside... have to take advantage of it before it gets up to 120F. We've been hiking the last 2 days and man are my buns sore!

Hey ladies! My FI and I are hoping to get through P90X before our wedding. We have about 10 months before the big day so we hope to be starting the program soon but it's been a hectic spring. We already have all the goods so I'm thinking of starting in the next week or two - planning on trying to line it up with the next trip to the grocery store to get some healthy food in the fridge first! I just wanted to thank everyone that posts on here in advance. The amount of support that a group like this provides is just amazing! Congrats to everyone who's already reached there goals and thanks to everyone for the awesome motivation!! Here's to hoping I can stick to it!

Hi Everyone!!

My P90X videos arrived yesterday! I'm going to watch the intro video today after work and start on it this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for someone just starting out?

~Stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stachr View Post
Hi Everyone!!
My P90X videos arrived yesterday! I'm going to watch the intro video today after work and start on it this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for someone just starting out?

~Stacey
Hey Stacey - I would say you just have to commit and "bring it" as much as you can every time. I would also recommend writing down your reps when you start doing the weight lifting exercises, I didn't do this and I regret it.

Let us know how it goes cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmacphe View Post
Hey Stacey - I would say you just have to commit and "bring it" as much as you can every time. I would also recommend writing down your reps when you start doing the weight lifting exercises, I didn't do this and I regret it.

Let us know how it goes cheesy.gif
Thanks! FI is going to do it with me, and on days that I don't feel like working out, Im sure he will get me to haha!

How do you know what weight is the right weight for you to lift?

You kind of have to guestimate the first time you do things - I usually use bands, 10 lbs and 15 lbs - and he will explain in the videos - if you want to get lean/toned look you want to shoot for 12-15 reps. If you start with a weight that makes you tired at 5 reps then you know it's too heavy for you (pause it and get a lighter weight) - you just have to make sure you feel a big burn with the last 3 reps.

I am doign Chalene Extreme. Has anyone else. I did 3 days this week. (Hard but no so so hard. I was expecting much worse.) I did take 2 day break becasue I have a stomach flyu of some sort.

Here's a question for you all...has anyone done the owkrouts without doing the meal plans? I intend to eat healthy but being on a actual diet plan and working out is just to much for me. I already have no time between work, commute and a baby. But I worked out with a trainer for a couple of months last year and looked great. I ate whatever the hell I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelie11 View Post
Yes dont get discouraged it is hard but its gets better. I am going on week 4 Sunday and this am I tried on my size 2 pants I havent fit in in 2 years and they fit perfectly...the program really works!
WOW!!! Congrats!!! That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stachr View Post
So FI and I just finished core synergistics. Does this get easier?
Haha, yes it does! Be prepared to be pretty sore for the first week or 2!