Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#31 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
  • Jr. Member
  • 394 posts

    Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

    There is a recent post of a review from a bride whose wedding was March 2010. She got married on the beach. 'Sorry that I can't remember her name...PM her, she's probably a great resource.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evaleen
    one more quick question to all you brides...

    are you guys choosing to have the ceremony on the beach or in the wedding gazebo? i personally am leaning towards having it on the beach but i'm concerned about things like the weather (too hot, too windy?) and walking in heels on sand. anyone have any suggestions or advice?


    #32 evaleen

    evaleen
    • Newbie
    • 47 posts

      Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

      I have seen some pictures of ceremonies held on the beach and they all look amazing...so I think I will probably shoot for that. SouthernSweetie, you made a good point about rain...so what I was wondering is that I know you can relocate inside if it does happen to rain...but is that something that needs to be booked with your WC before hand, or do they automatically account for something like that happening? I mean would they book 2 weddings at the same time but in different locations (one on the beach and one in the gazebo?)

      #33 smikit

      smikit
      • Newbie
      • 24 posts

        Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

        Hey I am looking to book a wedding in Moon Palace in April. I also contacted them for rates. Does anyone know if they work with you on rate or if they are flexible- and if they do, whom do I contact. I am also a member there but am trying to figure out if it is cheaper to book this way or through group rates. Any help is appreciated!!

        #34 TammyWright

        TammyWright

          Admin & Owner

        • Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

        Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

        be sure to vote for your resort here: http://bestdestinati....mooning-58724/

        Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

         
        Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
         
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


        #35 SouthernSweetie

        SouthernSweetie
        • Jr. Member
        • 394 posts

          Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

          It's my understanding that they make rain preparations for the outdoor weddings. I saw a recent review of a bride who married in the gazebo while it was raining. I'm pretty sure that it is enclosed with glass of some sort. Maybe the rain back-up plan is only for the beach weddings and outdoor receptions...it's a great question for the WCs. I will add it to my collection of WC questions. (I started a thread recently soliciting WC questions from past and present MP brides.)

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by evaleen
          I have seen some pictures of ceremonies held on the beach and they all look amazing...so I think I will probably shoot for that. SouthernSweetie, you made a good point about rain...so what I was wondering is that I know you can relocate inside if it does happen to rain...but is that something that needs to be booked with your WC before hand, or do they automatically account for something like that happening? I mean would they book 2 weddings at the same time but in different locations (one on the beach and one in the gazebo?)


          #36 julieswedding

          julieswedding
          • Newbie
          • 89 posts

            Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

            smikit - Palace Resort Members get 20% off wedding packages.

            #37 smikit

            smikit
            • Newbie
            • 24 posts

              Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

              Thanks Julie, I was just wondering about the room rates not exactly the wedding package. They aren't flexing at all on those rates and they are sooooo high!! (I figured with 30-50 people coming they would give me a reasonable rate).

              #38 alison15

              alison15
              • Jr. Member
              • 356 posts

                Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SouthernSweetie
                It's my understanding that they make rain preparations for the outdoor weddings. I saw a recent review of a bride who married in the gazebo while it was raining. I'm pretty sure that it is enclosed with glass of some sort. Maybe the rain back-up plan is only for the beach weddings and outdoor receptions...it's a great question for the WCs. I will add it to my collection of WC questions. (I started a thread recently soliciting WC questions from past and present MP brides.)
                One bride who was married in the Catholic chapel told me she was glad she had chosen that b/c it was covered and enclosed, she didn't have to change the location of her wedding because it was raining. All the brides with beach weddings had to have their ceremonies inside the banquet halls where they had moved the outdoor receptions.

                #39 DiamondGirl

                DiamondGirl
                • Member
                • 710 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

                  Hi ladies,
                  anyone have information on the resort videographer? am I better off getting an outside videographer as recommended with photographer?

                  #40 SouthernSweetie

                  SouthernSweetie
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 394 posts

                    Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DiamondGirl
                    Hi ladies,
                    anyone have information on the resort videographer? am I better off getting an outside videographer as recommended with photographer?
                    I guess that it depends on how picky you are...I've heard mixed reviews about the video quality. The one negative thing that I've read pretty consistently is that the editing is not exactly smooth. Some brides laughed about it and others did not think that it was cute.

                    The two things that I refuse to compromise on are photography and food - especially the cake. I am definitely a cake snob. For me, an outside videographer will depend on whether I have extra funds after I pay for the must-haves.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users