Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2431 alaharri

alaharri
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

Question for any past brides or anywho who has visited MP..Is there anything that you wish you would have put in your OT Bags or brought down with you that you didnt?

For example I plan to get all my bridal party their own tervis tumblers for drinks. Would other guests benefit from bringing their own cup to keep beverages cold? And with the room keys are they a card or an actual key, and whichever they are, is it nice to have something to put the key in or attach the key to (so you don't lose it)?

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to word that exactly lol but I am trying to think of anything I can with just under 3 months to go! :)

We went down there in March.  We were too lazy to be responsible for carrying around cups.  The drinks melted pretty fast, even with our cups.  The keys are the cards, just like most hotels.

#2432 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
    • 165 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

I suggest the cups for everyone in your group. My guests (and me + hubs) LOVED our cups. Not even bc of the melting factor but because they were much larger than the standard cups. Yes you can double fist, but we took ours into the ocean, tipped them over, dropped them, reused the entire time and all my guests have said they still use them. 

Two of my guests lost theirs... one found his again and the other got a replacement (i packed a couple extra). 

BRING BUG SPRAY. Listen to everyone on here who provides that feedback. It's true. Bring it. 

We didn't bring card holders or anything like that. 

Question for any past brides or anywho who has visited MP..Is there anything that you wish you would have put in your OT Bags or brought down with you that you didnt?

For example I plan to get all my bridal party their own tervis tumblers for drinks. Would other guests benefit from bringing their own cup to keep beverages cold? And with the room keys are they a card or an actual key, and whichever they are, is it nice to have something to put the key in or attach the key to (so you don't lose it)?

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to word that exactly lol but I am trying to think of anything I can with just under 3 months to go! :)

#2433 kris10kay

kris10kay
      • 194 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the input!! :)

Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

I suggest the cups for everyone in your group. My guests (and me + hubs) LOVED our cups. Not even bc of the melting factor but because they were much larger than the standard cups. Yes you can double fist, but we took ours into the ocean, tipped them over, dropped them, reused the entire time and all my guests have said they still use them. 

Two of my guests lost theirs... one found his again and the other got a replacement (i packed a couple extra). 

BRING BUG SPRAY. Listen to everyone on here who provides that feedback. It's true. Bring it. 

We didn't bring card holders or anything like that. 

#2434 JLR1726

JLR1726
        • 187 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

hey ladies! so we just got back this past thursday after a awesome wedding and honeymoon! I have a  TON to say about MP, the coordinators, florists, etc! I am working on my review this week! I will let you all know when it is up!

here are a few pics for now! first 2 are of me and my hubby and the last is my dad!

64.jpg

Tim_&_Jess's_wedding.jpg

The_beautiful_bride.jpg

#2435 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
          • 675 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

AWWWW!!!  you looked so beautiful!  Who did you hair and make-up!  I can't wait to read your review!!!  CONGRATS!!! 

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

hey ladies! so we just got back this past thursday after a awesome wedding and honeymoon! I have a  TON to say about MP, the coordinators, florists, etc! I am working on my review this week! I will let you all know when it is up!

here are a few pics for now! first 2 are of me and my hubby and the last is my dad!

64.jpg

Tim_&_Jess's_wedding.jpg

The_beautiful_bride.jpg

#2436 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Call me fussy, but unless you are going to include dish soap, I wouldn't want to use the same cup all day, let alone all week. We just sat at the swim up bar and kept the bartenders busy. If you're drinking that much, you'll be done them before they have a chance to melt.

For the room keys, we provided everyone with a waterproof card holder that had enough space for a little bit of tip money.

I'm not sure if everyone used what was in their OOT bags, but I like to think that they were useful. It was definitely beneficial to use a cotton bag that could be reused throughout the trip and was brightly colored so we could spot our guests spots.

#2437 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
              • Site Supporter
              • 252 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Gorgeous!!! I had the same question who dod your hair and make up? Can't wait to read your review ;)

64.jpg

Tim_&_Jess's_wedding.jpg

The_beautiful_bride.jpg

#2438 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
                • Site Supporter
                • 252 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Does anyone know how the bed situation is on the sunrise side? I have a few guest that want to triple up but they want to know the bed size and do they have comfortable cots??? Does anyone know about that??? Thanks so much!

#2439 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 81 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

You look amazing, can't wait to read your review!

64.jpg

Tim_&_Jess's_wedding.jpg

The_beautiful_bride.jpg

#2440 kris10kay

kris10kay
                    • 194 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Congratulationsssssss!! It looks as if you had a beautiful wedding!

64.jpg

Tim_&_Jess's_wedding.jpg

The_beautiful_bride.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users