Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2401 beatyea

beatyea
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

How long is that iPod set up for?  Why are they charging for the ceremony when there is a system you can use?  I know you can use your comp nights to pay for approved vendors if that helps!

Originally Posted by Kristibear 

So it's $568.00 for the Ipod setup. That is supposed to cover the ceremony and extended cocktail hour.  And I can't use my resort vacation dollars towards it.  Since we are only having a dinner, we will not need 4 hours of music, as required in order to have a DJ from the resort.  Yet, outside vendors are not allowed unless a room is booked for them.  Oh and there's a huge hurricane that has the potential to ruin my wedding.  Today is not a good day.

#2402 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
    • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yup.... same boat. Lucky us... we fly out on Thursday (the day Hurricane Rina is scheduled to hit). Wedding planned for 11.1.11.... We're calling our group to start discussions on what to do. As we only have a small group going, we want it to be a group decision. It's not easy to reschedule everything, days off work... airfare... photographer... Geeze, I forgot about throwing the photog into the mix. We hired a very nice and professional photographer, hopefully he'll work with us if things have to change. 

Seriously praying for everyone right now - brides, locals... the whole 9. 

Originally Posted by Kristibear 

So it's $568.00 for the Ipod setup. That is supposed to cover the ceremony and extended cocktail hour.  And I can't use my resort vacation dollars towards it.  Since we are only having a dinner, we will not need 4 hours of music, as required in order to have a DJ from the resort.  Yet, outside vendors are not allowed unless a room is booked for them.  Oh and there's a huge hurricane that has the potential to ruin my wedding.  Today is not a good day.

#2403 jenford10

jenford10
      • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thanks to hurricane Rina the past couple of days have been quite stressful having to change all travel arrangements that will work for the entire group. We were supposed to leave today for our wedding on Saturday. Now we are scheduled to fly in Friday and Saturday for our wedding we rescheduled to Sunday. What a mess, but we are trying to stay positive. 

#2404 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Girl, I am soooo sorry!!!  praying that everything works out!!!  Good luck!!!!  Keep us posted!!!     Big hugs!!!  

Thanks to hurricane Rina the past couple of days have been quite stressful having to change all travel arrangements that will work for the entire group. We were supposed to leave today for our wedding on Saturday. Now we are scheduled to fly in Friday and Saturday for our wedding we rescheduled to Sunday. What a mess, but we are trying to stay positive. 

#2405 onourway

onourway
          • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

It does sound over the top stressful.  But, congrats on being able to reschedule so soon! 

#2406 LanaM

LanaM
            • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

So sorry :( Hopefully everything will turn out OK. Hugs

Originally Posted by jenford10 

Alex & Lana
              ~11.18.11~
              Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#2407 LanaM

LanaM
              • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

It did count for us. I have DJ and photograpehr booked for only one night each and both those rooms were counted towards our group booking and incentive. Our wedding is still 3 weeks away but I already received 7 complimentary nights and free room upgrade (we have exactly 75 nights booked)

hth

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

does anyone know if you purchase a room night for an outside vendor, will that night count toward your group booking and incentive?

thanks!!

Jess

Alex & Lana
                ~11.18.11~
                Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#2408 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                • Site Supporter
                • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

How stressful! Yes keep a postitive additude! I keep telling myself if things don't go as planned I will still be in Mexico, relaxing at the beach with a drink in my hand and married to the man I love. It keeps me going when I start to stress about it all.

Good Luck, you will have a great story to tell later :)

#2409 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

How stressful! Yes keep a positive attitude! I keep telling myself if things don't go as planned I will still be in Mexico, relaxing at the beach with a drink in my hand and married to the man I love. It keeps me going when I start to stress about it all.

Good Luck, you will have a great story to tell later :)

Originally Posted by jenford10 

#2410 ndvidul

ndvidul
                    • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

Thank you so much for posting your tips!!  I hope your day and stay was everything you wanted it to be. :)

Originally Posted by onourway 

The actual wedding itself went nicely.  All thanks to the great women in te Wedding dept.  I was really concerned about posting at all about my experiences.  I've been so concerned about scary everyone with MP issues.  But honestly, I have yet to see anyone post that the actual ceremony had any issues at all.  So don't worry ladies!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users