Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rus

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

Recommended Posts


Great article. Jogging/Running definately does the trick! So does sprints. I lost weight in the past as a testimony from all the things listed in this article. I am working on jogging slowly due to the itching effect (abdomen and thighs) I get after not jogging for awhile. I itch from the vibration of high impact cardio, but it goes away after a week or so. Strange, but it does happen :(  I just have to overcome this "itching" and I will be just fine...lol
 

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff View Post

Awesome article today:  51 tips to help you lose weight!  This makes me want to go work out right now.  :)

 

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/28/fastest.fat.burners/index.html



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post

 

 

Great article. Jogging/Running definately does the trick! So does sprints. I lost weight in the past as a testimony from all the things listed in this article. I am working on jogging slowly due to the itching effect (abdomen and thighs) I get after not jogging for awhile. I itch from the vibration of high impact cardio, but it goes away after a week or so. Strange, but it does happen :(  I just have to overcome this "itching" and I will be just fine...lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaandJeff View Post

 

Awesome article today:  51 tips to help you lose weight!  This makes me want to go work out right now.  :)

 

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/28/fastest.fat.burners/index.html

 

 

OMG i thought i was the only one who had the itching... my friends think I'm crazy but it drives me NUTS everytime I run. Will it really go away if i keep doing it???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

 

so it was my first day on the "I'm going to be healthy again" plan, so far so good, although night is my worst time! I'm a snacker, love sweets and chocolate after a long day!!!!

 

If you crave sweets and particularly the night time snacks (me too!), it often means your body is sensitive to dips in insulin levels. One easy way to manage this (and trust me it TOTALLY works) is to make sure you eat every three hours...now obviously your meals will need to be smaller because of this. And cut the carbs at dinner time (I know, like, isn't that normally when we eat the most carbs?) but the reality is our bodies cannot tell the difference between pure sugar and carbs so after eating them you get a spike and then a crash, even with whole grains, so keep them to earlier in the day! cheesy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks for  the info! I knew that carbs definitely caused spikes and crashes with blood sugar but I thought the whole grains were more stablizing, guess not! I will definitely try this, whole grains early part of day and lean protein vegies at night (sounds soooo boring)

So then, what about my chocolate issues?lol...its my addiction,

Originally Posted by richarsd View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

so it was my first day on the "I'm going to be healthy again" plan, so far so good, although night is my worst time! I'm a snacker, love sweets and chocolate after a long day!!!!


If you crave sweets and particularly the night time snacks (me too!), it often means your body is sensitive to dips in insulin levels. One easy way to manage this (and trust me it TOTALLY works) is to make sure you eat every three hours...now obviously your meals will need to be smaller because of this. And cut the carbs at dinner time (I know, like, isn't that normally when we eat the most carbs?) but the reality is our bodies cannot tell the difference between pure sugar and carbs so after eating them you get a spike and then a crash, even with whole grains, so keep them to earlier in the day! cheesy.gif
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For chocolate lovers, I make chocolate protein shakes...yum!  I use almond milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder and ice in a blender (that's for a night time snack) in the AM I make it with a banana and on the weekends I add some fresh shredded coconut...does the trick and high in protein no sugar!

 

met-rx protein plus is what i buy

Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post



Thanks for  the info! I knew that carbs definitely caused spikes and crashes with blood sugar but I thought the whole grains were more stablizing, guess not! I will definitely try this, whole grains early part of day and lean protein vegies at night (sounds soooo boring)

So then, what about my chocolate issues?lol...its my addiction,

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

so it was my first day on the "I'm going to be healthy again" plan, so far so good, although night is my worst time! I'm a snacker, love sweets and chocolate after a long day!!!!


If you crave sweets and particularly the night time snacks (me too!), it often means your body is sensitive to dips in insulin levels. One easy way to manage this (and trust me it TOTALLY works) is to make sure you eat every three hours...now obviously your meals will need to be smaller because of this. And cut the carbs at dinner time (I know, like, isn't that normally when we eat the most carbs?) but the reality is our bodies cannot tell the difference between pure sugar and carbs so after eating them you get a spike and then a crash, even with whole grains, so keep them to earlier in the day! cheesy.gif
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great idea about the shakes!! Just make sure that the protein powder you use is "whey isolate". Otherwise, you may mistakenly buy one of the ones that are actually serious weight gainers and pack a 1000 per scoop! They are only for serious body builders but a lot of the protein powder containers all looks the same - if it says whey isolate, it's high protein, low carbs, low cals, so you're good to go! I use Dymatize or IsoSensations (which has a really wicked chocolate peanut butter flavour!). You cna buy either at GNC or Nutrition House in Canada...not sure if there are the same stores in the States though.

 

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

For chocolate lovers, I make chocolate protein shakes...yum!  I use almond milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder and ice in a blender (that's for a night time snack) in the AM I make it with a banana and on the weekends I add some fresh shredded coconut...does the trick and high in protein no sugar!

 

met-rx protein plus is what i buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post



Thanks for  the info! I knew that carbs definitely caused spikes and crashes with blood sugar but I thought the whole grains were more stablizing, guess not! I will definitely try this, whole grains early part of day and lean protein vegies at night (sounds soooo boring)

So then, what about my chocolate issues?lol...its my addiction,

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

so it was my first day on the "I'm going to be healthy again" plan, so far so good, although night is my worst time! I'm a snacker, love sweets and chocolate after a long day!!!!


If you crave sweets and particularly the night time snacks (me too!), it often means your body is sensitive to dips in insulin levels. One easy way to manage this (and trust me it TOTALLY works) is to make sure you eat every three hours...now obviously your meals will need to be smaller because of this. And cut the carbs at dinner time (I know, like, isn't that normally when we eat the most carbs?) but the reality is our bodies cannot tell the difference between pure sugar and carbs so after eating them you get a spike and then a crash, even with whole grains, so keep them to earlier in the day! cheesy.gif
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A handful of almonds about 20 minutes before you eat dinner! Drink warm tea with dinner rather than cold drinks.  I am trying to lose 15 more lbs! It' s hard in winter when it's freezing outside to try and keep moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always afraid to eat almonds because they are so high in calories.

 

I am still going strong but its been a month now and only 3 pounds..........urggghhh........at this rate  I will only lose like 10 pounds before the wedding................doesnt seem worth it.........(may 5)

 

sorry having one of those days,

 

I am not a patient person!!!

 

i worked my ASS so hard the other day, literally......that it hurts to sit............LUNGES!!!  I asked for an ASS workout and I got one, but when i work so hard its tough to go back the next day, another body part of course but the treadmill is super tough!!!

 

Ya know one thing I am doing that i just figured out my not be so good for me............I have been eating frozen lunches and dinners...DUH.......even tho they are only 280 calories the main ingredient is ENRICHED FLOUR...........Any ideas on that ladies??

 

LETS JUST KEEP MOVING, KEEP MOVING, KEEP MOVING..............OFF EAT OATMEAL AND OFF TO THE GYM!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×