Breakfast=The Most Important Meal of the Day

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

I am not a breakfast eater AT ALL....I always have to choke something down to avoid the dizzying, starvation pains that I get around 9am.
    That being said, what is your favorite thing to eat in the AM?? I'd prefer some healthy ideas (No empty sugary carbs!! )

Right now, I am eating plain oatmeal & sprinkled some cinnamon on top...

D & K
    October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#2 sungoddess_08

• 829 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

I'm not a breakfast eater either -- but I don't mind snacks like oranges/fruit salad or some nuts/raisins. My FI also makes low fat bran muffins. I can post the recipe if you want later (once he gets home lol) but it's just egg whites, 1 tsp of oil, whole wheat flour etc...it's good fibre and a good light snack in the morning. Hard boiled eggs are also really quick to make.

#3 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

my favorite quick go to breakfast:
        whole wheat english muffin with almond butter and banana slices. I add a bit of nutella for some sweetness but that's just me.

#4 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

I eat a protein bar, like a Zone bar, for breakfast, with a large amount of COFFEE! Zone bars taste almost like a candy bar, but they're actually good for you and need no preparation, which I'm a huge fan of!

#5 KRama

• 421 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

Oooh, yes, PB and banana on an english muffin. I do that a lot. Or cinnamon raisin toast. Or Special K Vanilla Almond cereal. Not only is breakfast the most important meal of the day, it's my favorite!

#6 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

I am trying to reduce my carbs, so I have been having a protein shake in the morning. Then I usually have some coffee and yogurt around 10am.

#7 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

I LOVE plain non fat yogurt with half a cup of fresh fruit(either strawberries, mango's, banana's, pears etc.) mixed with a tablespoon of all of these( raisins, cranraisins, crushed almonds, and instant oatmeal). I top it off with about a teaspoon of honey. DELISH and so good for you!

#8 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

i never eat breakfast (naughty!!) but sometimes i will have a carnation instant breakfast. it's the only thing i can stomach that early.
                  Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#9 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

I used to not be a big breakfast eater, but if you don't eat something when you wake up, you body will start eating your muscles.

I used to just have a protein shake in the mornings, but I was getting really hungry/tired by the end of my workout, so now I have whole grain toast w/ p.butter and a bit of low cal berry jam and then have my shake right after the gym.

#10 seaprincess

• 753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

Breakfast for me is at 6:30am and consists of :
                      1/4 cup (when dry) of oatmeal (and I recently switched to steel cut oats which are less processed), and I add 2 tbsp of wheat germ, 1tbsp of ground flax, 1tsp of cinnamon, and half a cup of frozen berries. Heat it up in the microwave, and top with a little bit of 1% milk and ta da! Quick, easy, and the blueberries add fiber and sweetness. I add the wheat germ and flax for fiber and Omega-3s. Approx 300 cals.

At 9:30am, I have my morning snack which is 1/2 cup of plain, non-fat greek yogurt, topped with 1/2 cup of thawed berries, plus a cup of green tea. Approx 100 cals.

This takes me through to lunch around noon without being hungry, and tastes delicious!
                      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users