Photo

Are there Sunday Weddings?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lara&mike

lara&mike
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

I have a friend who wants to get married on a sunday at a DW. Has anyone had any experience or knows of any resorts that offer this?
    I think she wants a civil with judge, which i have a hard time believing they would do a civil on a sunday b/c of church and all.
    Suggestions if its symbolic only are welcome as well!

Thanks girls!

#2 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
    • 307 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Im getting married on a sunday (nov 21st). It is just symbolic though. Im sure the laws are different for each of the states in Mexico.

#3 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
      • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

I was told by my TA that they didn't do weddings on Sunday - but that could just be at my resort :)

#4 shellk

shellk
        • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

if it is a legal marriage it cant take place on a sunday but if it is a symbolic wedding you can.the ceremont is exactly the same.alot of brides on here have got married in their home time without anyone knowing before they have travelled then guests will think that the dw day is the real thing?

#5 chevy14

chevy14
          • 183 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

We could have had a Sunday wedding at our resort in Cuba but it was an extra $150 CUC to have a judge come on a weekend.

#6 ddk5576

ddk5576
            • 209 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

We are getting married on a Sunday. It is costing $100 for the judge to come and it is a civil/legal ceremony. And for us it is well worth it because we wanted to use the holiday weekend so our guests could actually have a mini vacay! Most people are coming in on Thursday and heading out Monday (Memorial Day)! :)

#7 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Mine was Sunday in PR at 2pm. If it would've been earlier it wouldn't have been possible since the ministers were all at their church until 12pm :)

#8 mnh1983

mnh1983
                • 743 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:59 AM

We're getting married on a Sunday. I think it is becoming more common because a lot of places offer discounts if it is on Sunday instead of Saturday.

#9 anita09

anita09
                  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

When I was booking a wedding date, I was told I could do it on a Sunday as long as it was a symbolic ceremony. That was at Dreams Riviera Cancun. There is an extra $100 charge for having it on a Sunday there. Hope this helps!

#10 lara&mike

lara&mike
                    • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I guess it's different in every country! Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users