Photo

Matching rings?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

I am curious...how important/not important do you think it is that the wedding bands match? My e-ring is a round solitaire with a white gold band. For my band I am looking for a white gold band with diamonds and blue sapphires set into it. FI feels that yellow gold is better look for his skin tone and would really like a band that has the hammered look to it. Does it really matter if our rings are different?

#2 Patti

Patti
    • 555 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

No, I don't think it matters. My FI wanted a yellow gold band and mine is platinum with diamonds.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

Oh jeez, I don't think it matters one bit. I don't think it even crossed our minds to buy a matching set! But I guess it's just a personal preferance, how important is it to YOU?

#4 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

ours will match, but not on purpose, we just happen to have similar taste! If he had wanted a gold band, it wouldn't have mattered to me... he's the one that has to like it, since he will have to wear it for the rest of his life!
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#5 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

I think the only time it will really matter is when you take pics of the rings (if you want to do that). He's the one wearing it, so he should love it. I say go try on different ones, he might like someting he never thought he would...that's what happend with my e-ring

#6 ashley1316

ashley1316
            • 353 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

it for sure doesnt matter matter. what ever you and your FI's taste is. i personally like the look of having the same. i wanted my FI's to have diamonds in it, but he doesnt want any.

#7 riokayak

riokayak
              • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

I totally like the idea of matching rings. It really doesn't matter, but I think it would be nice. I wanted to go that way, but FI wants tungsten and my e ring is platnum and a family ring, so I will probably have to have something custom.

#8 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

I dont think it matters at all. Even if i wouldve gotten a gold band FI wouldve NEVER in a million years done it since he doesnt like it. Its all about personal taste more so than anything else. If you want it to kinda a match maybe try for a 2 tone if FI is up for it but i dont think its a necessity.

#9 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
                  • 512 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

Thanks so much for your thoughts, ladies. Most appreciated!!

#10 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

yeah I don't think it matters at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users