Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

My Last Couple of Days - I just HAVE to complain.

Ok, I travel every week for work, and have for like 11 years. I work from home here and there, but for the most part I am flying to wherever my client happens to be. I have had many travel mishaps, some more frustrating than others, but I don't often vent about them as it comes with the territory. But hell, this might entertain someone ...

This week DH and I were both working in Raleigh, NC. On Thursday we were to travel direct from Raleigh to Minneapolis. Our flight was cancelled, and they said they couldn't get us out of Raleigh until Saturday. After much time on the phone, they got us on a flight from Greenboro to Minneapolis, connecting through Atlanta, leaving on Friday.

So we go back to our hotel, and stay in Raleigh another night, and drive the hour to Greensboro to catch our flight on Friday. We leave Greensboro and get to Atlanta. As we're waiting for our Atlanta to Minneapolis flight we learn that they are oversold (fine, they always are) and that they changed planes and that Paul might now not get a seat. They ask for volunteers to give up their seats (they're offering 2 round-trip tickets).

I wait until the very last minute to see if Paul will get a seat - and learn he won't. They're about to close the door - so I "volunteer" my seat. We're so annoyed we're laughing at this point!

So she gives us all of the stuff for volunteering (she counted those that got booted as volunteers too) - we each got 2 free tickets, food vouchers ($50!), and a hotel. But we're still in Atlanta - and they couldn't get us out until today, and 5:20pm. We're missing a soccer game AND will be late for our friends BBQ - HELLO, we were supposed to bring the drinks!?

Anyway - if I don't get home today, I may go insane - if you see me in the headlines tonight - you will all know why.

Oh, and I might point out that we are both "elite" members on Northwest Airlines, and I have been since 1997. Lucky us.

that sucks.. i also travel for my job on a daily basis and have been there done that... keep your head up its not worth the stress.. its just a little airline game they like to play!.. sorry hope you make it home for your bbq!

Oh so much wasted time Ann, well it could be worse you could be stuck there without Paul, now that would truly suck.

Kelly~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Oh so much wasted time Ann, well it could be worse you could be stuck there without Paul, now that would truly suck.

Kelly~
very true. and i was supposed to go to Malden (Boston) this week but it changed at the last minute. but Paul actually said "you should have gone to Boston - you brought me bad luck!" (this is the first time I've had to come to Raleigh in a while). he was kidding - but then i reminded him I gave up my seat and I could have been at home since last night! lol

Ugh, that is terrible Ann. It's nice that you are both together, but sadly missing some fun stuff at home.

I had this experience last week on USAir with whom I have a ton of miles. I was planning on using some of those miles to fly to Mexico for our wedding. I found out when I got back that this happened to another friend of mine as well - happened to and from Cancun. No crew, same as us.

I hope you get out of there soon so you don't show up in the headlines!

ohh that sucks. i hate the atlanta airport. it has bad karma. i got stuck there for 3.5 days it sucked ass. i feel your pain and hope that you're home now!!!!!!!

Ahh! That totally sucks!! I absolutely hate airports, they're always so uptight. I don't know how you can keep your sanity traveling all the time. The bright side is you're with your new husband!

shots.gif Here's to hoping you make it home tonight!!!!