Photo

Bride-to-be shower etiquette

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

I will definately bring some sort of little gift and probably some appetizer/dip to share with everybody! Although the day is for us, it's nice to show our hosts they are appreicated!

#12 *Linds*

*Linds*
    • 5,776 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

I haven't had my shower yet, but I think a hostess gift is a really thoughtful idea!
      Loving married life! <3

#13 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

Yes giving the hostess a gift is a nice touch!

#14 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
        • 445 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

I've been to some showers were EVERYONE attending gets some type of gift (wine stopper, small pic frame, etc)... I know to bring a hostess gift but am I responsible for giving everyone a gift?

Also do you get the main person a hostess gift or all your BMs?
          Cristi & Jamie
          http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#15 Mere

Mere
          • 729 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by barcelo1162010
            Thanks for bringing this up; I would've never thought to bring the hostess a gift; but it's a great idea!
            I am with you-I need to search for some hostess gifts ASAP

#16 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

Ladies, you are simply amazing! My shower is next weekend and I haven't even thought of getting my sister and Mom who are hosting a gift. Will definitely take care of it this weekend.

Love the body wash idea :) Always useful and in many cases yummy smelling!

#17 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
              • 1,098 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

But, what if your shower is a surprise (I mean a real surprise, as in you knew absolutely nothing!). Do you buy a thank-you gift afterwards?
                Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#18 MDLady

MDLady
                • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

I would definitely get a thank you gift afterwards or just send a very nice card expressing your gratitude :)

#19 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
                  • 473 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CristiandJamie
                    I've been to some showers were EVERYONE attending gets some type of gift (wine stopper, small pic frame, etc)... I know to bring a hostess gift but am I responsible for giving everyone a gift?

Also do you get the main person a hostess gift or all your BMs?
                    My hostess said they did not want me to contribute any favors or anything to the gift bags. But I'm stubborn so I plan to adding a little something to the gift bags. The way I see it is that everyone is coming to shower me and I want to show appreciation. I was thinking something small like cute pen/notepad set etc.

I plan on doing something for my hostesses. Not sure what yet, but the shower gel is a winner!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
                    But, what if your shower is a surprise (I mean a real surprise, as in you knew absolutely nothing!). Do you buy a thank-you gift afterwards?
                    A gift after would be appreciated and unexpected. After all you were surprised!

#20 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I did not contribute to the favor bags for the guests in attendance. The hostesses seriously already had everything planned without my help.

As for the hostess gifts I did end up going the shower route. I printed up tags with a little picture of a bath tub shower that said "I hope your shower is as wonderful as mine" and then got them some Lush products. They loved them especially since they are a little more unique than Bath and Body and Lush does basic gift wrapping for free :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users