something weird happened with the resort...(long)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

So the other night, I decided that I was going to email the resort (RIU) to get some more information about additional things that I could have for my wedding. So off goes the email. I get a reply yesterday stating that I haven't confirmed my date yet. WHAT?!!?! She told me that it was only being held for 90 days and had expired in May and that if I wanted the date, I better confirm in the next 48 hours. So of course, I start FREAKIN!! (just to add to the rest of my bad day!!!)

In comes the FI. He calms me down and we take a better look. The emails is asking us to confirm for is 4pm. We already confirmed for 2pm on the same day. So I go through my emails, and sure enough, we have our confirmation for 2pm. So the FI gets on the phone and calls. The lady who sent the emails had just left, so we leave a message and I reply to the email that she sent.

We figured out this is what happened. We originally booked for 4pm on Jan 6 2010 but something messed up and I couldn't confirm it (online). So we decided to just pick another time (after a couple of weeks of not hearing from them). We tried to pick the 4pm time again, but it was already reserved, so we picked and confirmed for the 2pm time slot.

NOW, we realized, after getting that email yesterday and it was US that had the 4pm time slot reserved AND booked the 2pm time! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, so in the end, we explained and sent an email stating what had happened and if possible we have the 4pm time instead of the 2pm time. I really hope we can, it would make it that much better for waiting times!! Cross your fingers that we get the answer that we want tonight!!

Sorry, I just had to talk...it's still bugging me that I was a dork! lol

#2 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Wow, I would have freaked out as well! I hope you get the 4PM slot...I'm sure everything will be okay. Let us know what happens!

#3 flbluiiis

• 184 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Yikes! Hopefully you get the 4 pm time :) Good luck!

#4 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:43 AM

Uh ya that would be stressful to hear that you haven't confirmed your date and time!!! Holy ! Give us an update tonight on what they say!
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 kgeecee

• 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

hopefully you get the 4pm. they can maybe just transfer your money to that time slot??
            i hope it works out for you, atleast you found out now and not a week before when your super stresses!

#6 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

ladies, it's confirmed. WE HAVE THE 4PM TIME SLOT! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so happy right now! It means I don't have to get ready as early in the day, the sun won't be as hot and our guest's won't have to wait forever between the wedding and dinner!!

#7 Jefiner

• 119 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

SO glad to hear that it worked out for you!

#8 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

woohoo! Thats so great!! Looks like 4pm was meant to be :)

#9 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hooray!! Yay, no more stress

#10 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

at least you sorted it out.why do we go into panick mode straight away?im the same but i am not normally like that.my fi laughs at me.

im sure you will get the time you want fingers crossed let us know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users