Photo

What to wear at AHR???

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 hiccups

hiccups
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

We're having a very simple and informal AHR so I'll maybe just wear a simple dress, nothing fancy or anything.

#62 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
    • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

I was so surprised to find out that my fiance really wants me to wear my dress again at the AHR. I guess that it never occured to me to ask him about that (oops). He feels really strongly that our guests would really like to see me in my wedding dress. I was so touched that I think I may have changed my mind and am going to wear it. Maybe I will bring a back up in case I want to change later in the night.

#63 nikkimadril

nikkimadril
      • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Taylorbride 

I'm wearing mine for the AHR. I'm worried b/c I cannot find a second dress for the TTD session @ a decent price. I honestly cannot afford anything over $100.00 for an EXTRA dress just for pictures. I want it to be long like my wedding dress. Any ideas?

Let me know if you find anything! I am looking for a cute, long white dress for the TTD session too. I'm fine getting a used wedding dress even, but would prefer to spend only about $50 on it.

#64 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
        • 372 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

I will wear my dress again at AHR. We will be annouced in and do our first dances at the AHR, so I want to be in my gown for pictures and all...

#65 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
          • Banned
          • 630 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

My AHR will be more like a AHP (At Home Party) as we are renting an upstairs area at a bar and having beer/wine, hors d'oeurves, cupcakes, music, and a slideshow.  Because of that I don't want to wear my wedding dress again - close quarters, drinks to be spilled, and a casual atmosphere. 

My fiance and I will be getting legally marrried at the courthouse beforfe we fly to Mexico.  For that day I have bought a bridesmaid dress in white so as to be a bit dressed up, but not too much.  I plan on wearing that white bridesmaid dress for the AH"P" as well.  I still get my bridal white, but I get a dress that is a lot more appropriate for the event we are holding.

#66 akua420

akua420
            • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

I'm going to get a white cocktail dress to change into when I get hot in my wedding dress.  Haven't found it yet though.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#67 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
              • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

I am wearing my real dress again...have a second to change into and use for the TTD at the DW so I don't ruin my dress.  I am very excited to be able to wear it twice!!  When else does a girl spend that much money on an outfit that she will look that good in and only get to wear it so little!? 

#68 AshleyL

AshleyL
                • 263 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

I'm definitely wearing my wedding dress for the AHR. Can't wait to wear it twice!
                  Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#69 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
                  • 267 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyL 

I'm definitely wearing my wedding dress for the AHR. Can't wait to wear it twice!

I was talking to some people at work and they kind of gave me the look of "why would you do that" she even went so far as to say that a wedding dress is only meant for one day?!  OBVIOUSLY she has never been married so I figure she may feel different once her day comes.  But I have so many family members that can't go to jamaica for one reason or another and they are going to want to see me in my dress...and I want to be seen in it!!! 

#70 akua420

akua420
                    • 301 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

I was talking to some people at work and they kind of gave me the look of "why would you do that" she even went so far as to say that a wedding dress is only meant for one day?!  OBVIOUSLY she has never been married so I figure she may feel different once her day comes.  But I have so many family members that can't go to jamaica for one reason or another and they are going to want to see me in my dress...and I want to be seen in it!!! 

I know!  Most of the people at my AHR aren't going to be in Jamaica, so thats why I am going to wear it again, well not the only reason, the main reason is I feel so pretty in it, hahaha.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users