Photo

Help! Is this dress to big/heavy??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

That dress is awesome and looks awesome on you. Go for it!! Anything you wear is going to be hot. My husband sweat right through a very thin linen shirt and pants! Haha.

#22 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

I think the dress looks so good on you....if the seamstress is going to "lighten it up" hopefully that will keep you a little cooler!

#23 gbyrd

gbyrd
      • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

If you love it... wear it. You look beautiful in it!

#24 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
        • 450 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

I love the dress and you look so happy and gorgeous in it! It is your day and you should wear what you love. You are gonna want to look back in twenty years and think "I wore the dress I loved and felt amazing in" (than smile lol)

#25 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

I totally agree with the other girls, you look soooo happy in it and it is a gorgeous Sottero!

I had a similar dilhemma with my dress, but at the end of the day, the thing that makes the dress look "beachy" is the fact that you're wearing it on the beach, next to the love of your life. I don't think size matter (haha, well...)

It's gorgeous, and so are you. :)

#26 MC Hicks

MC Hicks
            • 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

As others have stated, it is a beautiful dress. You are grinning ear to ear in the picture, and therefore, that's how fabulous you will look on the day of your dreams! You look gorgeous in it too!

#27 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

I am with the rest of the girls, Its a beautiful dress and you look gorgeous! I think it will look good in the TTD session. Does it feel hot and heavy now, if so you may want to consider getting a cute after the ceremony dress for dancing the night away :)
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#28 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
                • Banned
                • 3,479 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

I think you should keep the dress you love!! You do look soo happy in the picture :)! If you think you may be to hot at the reception maybe find a great reception dress that you would be cooler in??

#29 JayBee

JayBee
                  • 238 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

I think it's a great dress, and i've seen similar dresses for DW's , so I don't think it's inappropriate at all! Are you planning to do the TTD after the reception? If so, then you can stick with the one dress instead of getting a second dress. I also agree with the idea of having a seamstress lighten it up a bit, if possible. You look amazing!

#30 Love3

Love3
                    • 785 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

Your dress is beautiful!!! Love the detail at the bottom. It may be too heavy for a DW but who cares. It's your day and whatever you feel the most happy and beautiful in! Whatever you wear just work it lol! Wish you luck
                      ~Heather~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users