Photo

Real vs. Fake flowers- your opinions?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

I am thinking of getting realtouch flowers for myself and for my FI's bout. I will have to ask the hotel how much real flowers will be for the BMs and other bouts & corsages.

I want to be able to use my bouquet at my TTD and AHR, so fake is probably the way to go for that instead of buying 3 bouquets.

#32 sperger

sperger
    • Banned
    • 474 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

You all have totally convinced me into more research into real touch bouquets!

#33 mimosa123

mimosa123
      • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

what is the price per bouquet for real touch flowers

#34 CrystalM

CrystalM
        • 829 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

I am doing fake flowers for the exact reasons you mentioned. I really would rather have real ones, but I can't justify $310 vs $35
          I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#35 jamsmom

jamsmom
          • 174 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

I will be going with Fake flowers. Because I am getting married on a ship I will not be allowed to take real flowers on or off the ship. I am okay with that because I have been looking and they are just as beautiful as the real ones.

I do agree with another poster that flowers can be a waste of money because they do not last long. But to each her own!

#36 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

I did real touch flowers for everything. I packed everything in a hard-case suitcase, wrapped in their original shipping paper and cardboard. They arrived OK. I only kept my bouquet with me as a carry-on. It ended up much less expensive than doing real flowers and I got exactly what I wanted.

My bouquet looked so real than when I arrived at the hotel, the staff wanted to put it in water real bad ! It gave me a good laugh

#37 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
              • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

We are doing real-touch flowers

#38 alkoch

alkoch
                • 515 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think I am going to go the real touch fake flowers route, I am little worried about them wilting with the heat and humidity. Did anyone have an issue with that? Also I am debating between having them made or going to Michael's and doing it with a lady there.

#39 heartbeat

heartbeat
                  • 228 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

I think i'm sold on silk flowers.... I need to do a lil more researcher but from the websites that you ladies have mentioned the flowers look nice.

#40 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                    • 2,458 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Right now I am leaning towards real touch flowers. I would LOVE to have fresh flowers, but it's hard to justify so much money for flowers, that may not even be exactly what I want, and that I can't even bring back home with me. But I haven't seen the flower options yet from the resort, so I'm holding off until then. But they are going to have some fabulous flowers at a really good price for me to change my mind, lol.
                      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users