Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

Real vs. Fake flowers- your opinions?

Are you all doing real flowers for bouquets/boutonnieres or fake? I have arguments for both sides. Fake flowers could be cheaper, you can get exactly what you want BUT you have to make room in your suitcase, hope they don't get smooshed and warped on the trip down there. Real flowers are more money but you don't have to worry about traveling with them. However, what are the BM to do with them once its over? It's not like they can take them home - they'll end up MAYBE keeping them in their room for the duration of their stay then chucking them when they leave.

What are you guys doing and why?

We are doing real-touch flowers. price- fantastic! Getting everything I want. It will take up some extra room but can't beat the price. Also we can bring them home! They aren't going to die. And i will know what they look like before the wedding!

We did real flowers and I loved them. They were so fresh, bright and smelt great. They were not really that expensive. In our wedding package it included my flowers and Kyle's and one arrangement for the table. We then paid for $35 for MOH, $6 for JR Bridesmaid, and $40 for 3 more arrangements which we then used as our centerpieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT1985 View Post
What are they and were do I get them?! Haha.
You can order them online by single stem/bush or even at some craft stores. They are fake, but look real. I am actually having a designer do mine, which there are many on the site. I am using fresh real natural touch artificial silk wedding bouquet flowers You can customize with whatever you want. Shavon is doing my bouquet, a toss bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, FI bout, 4GM bouts, officiant bout, our fathers bouts, our mothers corsages, flowers for our cake, and our centerpieces in glass vases for $698 (that includes the shipping) Personally I think thats a fantastic price for everything we're getting, I don't have to do anything (Ihave enough DIY projects to work on HA!)

Here is a sample pic she sent me just to see what the 3 flowers I like will look like together that way you can see how the real touch look

Click the image to open in full size.

I used real touch as well - there are several vendors who sell them made up. Yes they take up more space, but I loved mine and I get to keep them forever - and really, no one who saw them could tell they weren't real. (See my avatar)

I DIY'd my bouquet using fake flowers as well.....and I just packed them in a box w/ tissue paper and put them in my suitcase - no problems traveling! I love fresh flowers, but I felt they were super expensive and I loved my DIY bouquet!

For me they had to be real, but I love fresh flowers so I am partial. I was in a tropical & natural setting so fake flowers would have felt off to me. They weren't really expensive and I didn't plan to save my bouquet for any reason, so I don't regret it.

If you could care less about the smell and/or have a specific vision in mind that you are not willing to bend on, then fake flowers would probably be a great choice for you. There are some high quality fake flowers out there.

I was torn between the two. I finally decided to use real touch artificial flowers. I was able to select a bouquet that was exactly what I was looking for. The company I am using (hibiscus florals) explained to me that they provide directions to fluff the flowers once you arrive if they get a little flattened in the baggage. I like the smell of fresh flowers, but I did not want to deal with the complete unknown of what I would actually get the day of my wedding...I did not want any unpleasent surprises. This way I get to see my flowers a couple of weeks before the wedding.

I am using real flowers-- there are a number of florists that work in the area, and I'm not using a resort so it's just like booking any other vendor. My mom and her sister will be DIYing the centerpieces though-- potted orchids.