Photo

It happened.. I was let go from my job.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I guess this is a continuation of my thread earlier..
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t37849

At the end of last week, my company laid me off.

I feel so lost; I have to say this is one of the worse feelings that I have had in a long time. I really thought that I would be okay emotionally handling it; but the emotional part is the worse part. I don't know why it's affecting me like this; it is ONLY a job after all .. but it honestly has really turned me inside out.

Thanks for listening.. guess I am thinking that it will help me feel better if I just get out what I am feeling.

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry Shannon.

My FI was let go from his job on NYE day. We have so many other friends and family members who have been let go since.

He took it as an opportunity to go back to school, which is working out well for now anyways.

It really is tough, emotionally.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

Wow, I am so sorry. And honestly, you are allowed to feel bad emotionally! It's a sucky situation, no matter how well you prepared for it, it's still hard. So you have to let yourself go thru those feelings. Let it all out here, that's what we are here for. {Virtual hugs to you}

#4 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

Awww that really sucks! I'm so sorry. I totally understand feeling emotional and lost Hugs.

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

I'm so sorry Shannon. Hang in there and feel free to be upset for a while. Things will eventually work out.

#6 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

i was laid off about 2 months ago, and dealing with it emotionally is the toughest part so don't feel bad about that. i didn't even like my job, but i was still devastated. give yourself a week or two to feel like crap, then just stop. do your best to not let it go longer than that. look for a job and be aggressive about it, but still let this be an opportunity to do some things you never had a chance to because you were too busy. chances are, you'll never have this much free time until you retire!

i wrote this in your other thread, but i'm in nj also, so if you have any questions about the unemployment process let me know.

#7 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. All I can offer you is that things will look up sooner or later I'm sure!

#8 MarieSam

MarieSam
                • VIP Member
                • 2,336 posts
                  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm sorry hon, things are tough for so many people these days, it totally sucks that this is happening everywhere. Just remember that every closed door opens others, so take this time to venture out on new opportunities ~ lots of hugs

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm really sorry Shannon. I hope you find something better.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

I'm sorry Shannon. So many people are going through this right now... both of my parents and my FIL are laid off right now (Michigan is horrible). It's scary and frustrating, but try to take some time to do things you normally wouldn't get to do. Hopefully something better will come along...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users