Sign in to follow this  
meghanmbm

Fine China? yes or no?

So everyone kept telling me to register for china, so we went and pick out a set that we both really love-we didnt think that we were that into it, but after putting everthing together it was really beautiful. After checking the prices we found it all to be very pricey. So I asked my friends and they said not to register for it if we wanted other big ticket items? I feel like I want everything now! What should we do? How many of you registered for formal china? Are we being greedy?

Ask yourself, would you really use it? How often?

I didn't ask for fine china because we wouldn't use it enough. It'd just take up space in the cabinets where I can store other things.

Ask yourself, would you really use it? How often?

I didn't ask for fine china because we wouldn't use it enough. It'd just take up space in the cabinets where I can store other things.

I agree with Jenny...haven't registered yet, but we're not going to register for fine china. We wouldn't really have any room for it and wouldn't use it enough to be worthwhile. I think I need to learn to cook first!

I agree with 100% with Jenny. We didn't register for fine china because I know we won't use it. We registered for nice Denby dishes - they aren't cheap but I use them every day.

I agree with everyone else... will you use it? If so, how often? Plus, if someone only bought a few pieces of your pricey china, would you be willing to buy the rest of the set? My boss said she still hasn't purchased the rest of her china set that she didn't get for her wedding.

I agree with everyone else... will you use it? If so, how often? Plus, if someone only bought a few pieces of your pricey china, would you be willing to buy the rest of the set? My boss said she still hasn't purchased the rest of her china set that she didn't get for her wedding.

okay I'm going to disagree with everyone here - we actually just registered for china yesterday...we were going back and forth on this but we decided to do it. My parents still use their wedding china at least 4 times a year, and to me that is enough for me to get it...it is really special that they are able to bring the same china out for us that they were given at their wedding 28 years ago. It's definitely not plates you will use all the time - but it is nice to have on those holidays and special occasions.

I'm on the same page with what LeAnne said. I would have loved to register for some fine china, because both of our families are big on get togethers. However, if we only ended up getting a few pieces, there's no way we could afford to finish the set. So we're going to wait, and just registered for some stuff that's everyday, but nice enough that it's passable for a nice get together. We'll just buy our own china when the money is right! Lol