Photo

Fine China? yes or no?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

So everyone kept telling me to register for china, so we went and pick out a set that we both really love-we didnt think that we were that into it, but after putting everthing together it was really beautiful. After checking the prices we found it all to be very pricey. So I asked my friends and they said not to register for it if we wanted other big ticket items? I feel like I want everything now! What should we do? How many of you registered for formal china? Are we being greedy?
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ask yourself, would you really use it? How often?

I didn't ask for fine china because we wouldn't use it enough. It'd just take up space in the cabinets where I can store other things.

#3 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ask yourself, would you really use it? How often?

I didn't ask for fine china because we wouldn't use it enough. It'd just take up space in the cabinets where I can store other things.

#4 rach220

rach220
        • 532 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

I agree with Jenny...haven't registered yet, but we're not going to register for fine china. We wouldn't really have any room for it and wouldn't use it enough to be worthwhile. I think I need to learn to cook first!

Married July 16, 2009
          Aventura Cove Palace Resort
          Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#5 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I agree with 100% with Jenny. We didn't register for fine china because I know we won't use it. We registered for nice Denby dishes - they aren't cheap but I use them every day.

#6 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
            • 687 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

We registered for everyday dinner wear. I agree that the china is beautiful, but I wanted to get something that we'd use.
              Photography by Tamm's Photos
              http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#7 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
              • 888 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I agree with everyone else... will you use it? If so, how often? Plus, if someone only bought a few pieces of your pricey china, would you be willing to buy the rest of the set? My boss said she still hasn't purchased the rest of her china set that she didn't get for her wedding.

#8 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                • 888 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I agree with everyone else... will you use it? If so, how often? Plus, if someone only bought a few pieces of your pricey china, would you be willing to buy the rest of the set? My boss said she still hasn't purchased the rest of her china set that she didn't get for her wedding.

#9 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

okay I'm going to disagree with everyone here - we actually just registered for china yesterday...we were going back and forth on this but we decided to do it. My parents still use their wedding china at least 4 times a year, and to me that is enough for me to get it...it is really special that they are able to bring the same china out for us that they were given at their wedding 28 years ago. It's definitely not plates you will use all the time - but it is nice to have on those holidays and special occasions.

#10 litl_april

litl_april
                    • 351 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

I'm on the same page with what LeAnne said. I would have loved to register for some fine china, because both of our families are big on get togethers. However, if we only ended up getting a few pieces, there's no way we could afford to finish the set. So we're going to wait, and just registered for some stuff that's everyday, but nice enough that it's passable for a nice get together. We'll just buy our own china when the money is right! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users