Are you changing your name?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by BachataBride
    My middle name is Elizabeth too!!
    I don't mind it actually...although, my aunt who I am named for is a real b!tch!!
    My first middle name is Elizabeth as well, my second one is Joyce. I'm named after my Grandmothers.

#22 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

I have thought about this a lot. I am keeping my last name as my middle name cause I don't have a middle name anyway! This is so I am not completely getting rid of my last name. I'm sllightly attached but not in a major way so I though this might work. It's weird thinking of being Mrs. Mason because that's HIS mom! There will be less confusion if we all have the same last name when we have kids though- that was my thinking.

#23 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

I plan to hyphenate my name. Our son shares his last name, Williams so that is good. Plus despite the fact that he is very responsbile, as a child of divorced parents, I choose not to change it on credit cards and financial documents.

#24 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

This is a hard one for me.. .I honestly can't decide.
          This is my 2nd marraige and I had such a hard time getting everything changed back to my maiden name after my 1st marraige; that I have grown very possessive of my name. I know it may sound strange; but after a horrid first marraige and the constant reminder of it while I was trying to get everything changed back -- my maiden name began to really take on a new meaning to me and the new identity I had after my first marraige.

That all being said, FI doesn't care either way. He has offered to take my name.. LOL! Part of me wants to take his name for our children etc.. but part of me likes my name too.

Decisions, decisions!

#25 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

I'm just adding on my husbands' last name to my full name.. so now my maiden name will be a 2nd middle name. :)

#26 klopez

• 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm hyphenating on all legal documents, credit cards, etc. But I will use his last name socially...this way when we have kids we'll all fall under one last name He's not too thrilled about me hyphenating and wants me to drop my last name but I am attached to it.

#27 Lady_Di

• 5,078 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

I don't plan to change my name but add his name to my last name. I've lived with my last name for 25 years!

#28 lil_miss_frogg

• 826 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BachataBride
                  We could always both change our names to Merristrattogans!!!
                  You are to funny!
                  My Babies
                  "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                  it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"

#29 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Im not interested in keeping my last name or hyphenating it. I like my last name, but I'd rather have the same one as my husband, pain in the ass it may be to change it or not. Im going from short and sweet "Sloan" to "Watmough" - sounds like Watmo.

#30 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

i too am changing my last name so that I share the same last name as my children. Although, I am kind of sad to leave my maiden name behind due to the fact that I am an only child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users