Photo

How much should I spend on my gifts to my bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

How much are you spending or have already spent? I just want to get an average amount so I don't embarrass myself! :)

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

I think I am going to spend around $75-$100 per girl (I have 4). I feel bad not spending more, but I don't think that they expect that much. I was going to pay for their hair too, but I think that I have cut that out.

#3 Carriejax

Carriejax
      • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

I was thinking in the $100-$200 range. I was thinking either digital picture frames or a pair of nice sunglasses and then a little trinket or two. Does anyone have any other ideas?

#4 gaynasmith24

gaynasmith24
        • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

I was thinking about a nice white gold necklace and earing set for them each to wear on day

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

I am doing a necklace that compliments mine, flip flops, tote bag, MOH tank, paying for her hair, and an engraved Bubba Keg. I guess the total is $100-$200. I only have the one girl.
            I know that other people are paying for excursion for just the girls (the day or two before the wedding I guess).

#6 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
            • 382 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

I am only having my 3 best friends, if I was having more than that it might be different. I think I am going to get the a silver bangle with something special engraved in it, coach passport covers, and something at the resort spa-we are all going together the day before the wedding. I would say around $150.

I was just in one of my best friends weddings and she got us coach clutches, shawls for the day of, monogram purse mirrors and her mom made us beautiful jewelry.

#7 sstotz

sstotz
              • 298 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I really want to get them something from Tiffany's.. like the Blue Star penant necklace or the elisa peretti little blue sapphire silver ring..for my "something blue"..and you cant go wrong with something from Tiffany & Co.!!
                ~Soon to be Shanny May
                June 20th, 2009
                Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#8 Lindz

Lindz
                • 109 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

I am not sure what to do...I have a huge wedding party and half of the gals are going and the other are not...should i get different gifts for those going vs. not??

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

I spend about $200 I guess. I bought the dresses, shoes, and accessories. I also gave them very nice beach bags with bridemaids tank tops and some nicer OOT bag contents.

I did pay $500 toward each person's trip to help defray the cost of going but I don't really count that as a "gift" in the traditional sense.

#10 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

I plan on paying for the dresses, shoes, jewlwery and any other accessories.
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users