Photo

I hope not to personal...what the heck do you wear under these dresses?!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Katiebelle

Katiebelle
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hey Ladies!

My dress is a strapless tafetta gown...looks like a southern belle dress. What the heck are you supposed to wear under these things?!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Can you post a picture of your dress?

There are lots of options. You can wear a strapless or long line bra (if the back is low). You may be able to get bra cups sewn in or just have the top tightened so you don't have to wear anything. You can also wear the "chicken cutlets" if you need something that won't show, but give you a little lift.

I wore boy short panties so I would be comfy.

You may or may not need a slip, depending on the skirt of the dress. I had an A-line crinoline to keep the skirt full. My dress boutique said they always recommend some kind of slip for outdoor weddings to hold the shape of the dress, keep it from blowing between your legs, etc.

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

I will be wearing a crinoline skirt under my dress, a comfy pair of undies, and a long line bra. I just want to be as comfortable as possible, although I don't know how much comfort is possible, lol.

#4 Mylee84

Mylee84
        • 287 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

nothing!!! haha just kidding. I dont need a bra with my dress so I am wearing just a cute pair of panties!

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mylee84
            nothing!!! haha just kidding. I dont need a bra with my dress so I am wearing just a cute pair of panties!
            HA HA HA!

I was going to wear a strapless bra but when we went to zip my dress up it wouldn't zip so I had to take it off. I just wore some panties.. Cute bride panties.

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

I had a long line strapless bra & a cute, lacey pair of boy shorts. I definitely wanted to be comfy so thats why I chose the boy shorts. Luckily I didn't need a slip!

#7 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

I wanted to wear the least possible under my dress as I knew it would be warm anyway, so I got a comfy strapless bra, and these super soft, super comfy undies from victorias secret.

#8 Cattie

Cattie
                • 594 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

This is what I ordered for under my dress. I haven't tried both on together so hopefully it will work!!

Frederick's of Hollywood - Control Slip

It's the first one I've seen that isn't like shorts. It's an actual skirt! No having to pee through a hole!!! Sorry, but that was a big selling factor for me!

#9 Ayita

Ayita
                  • 861 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

I have a silk dress, very close to the body... so I will use spanks (I don't want my flaws to show under the dress !). My dress is completely open in the back so bra is not an option... the dress has cups in it.

#10 syl1115

syl1115
                    • 789 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

I needed spanx to hold in the gut! LOL plus I needed the chicken cutlets to give me some clevage. I needed a lot of help!
                      Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users