Ipod Help...Need Your Advice!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

So my Ipod crashed sometime ago & I am finally ready to buy another one
    My struggle is in which to go with. I had a 40 gB before & it was perfect. I think I had about 5000 songs on it before it died.

Right now I'm looking at buying either the 120 gb classic or the 32 gb touch.
    The 120 gb classic holds up to 30,000 songs, has 150 hours of video & retails for $249.
    The advantage of going with the classic is the storage space and the price.

The 32 gb touch holds up to 7000 songs, has 40 hours of video & retails for $399.
    For me the advantage here is the touch tecnology & the new games that they have.
    The disadvantage is THE PRICE!
    I didn't want to spend close to $400 on it. That thought is absolutely killing me. I'm also thinking that 32 gb just isn't enough especially considering that I already had about 5k songs on my old Ipod.

The good thing is that I was able to find lower prices for both online at a reputable retailer where I could get the classic for $219 and the touch for $379.
    Also keep in mind, that I'll spend another $50 getting the Apple warranty with whichever I buy. I didn't have a warranty on the old one but I'm making sure that I get one this time around.

So do I ignore my pockets and shell out the $400 for the touch or save a little $ and get the classic which will probably put me at around $250
    Decisions, decisions...I need a little help here....whats your advice? TIA

...I'm only keeping the poll open for a few days because I think that I'm going to make my purchase this weekend

#2 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

I have the touch, dont get me wrong I think its pretty cool. But I honestly would not spend the money on it again.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
      • 1,634 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

If it were me I'd get the touch - we bought fmil an 80g ipod earlier this year and there is no way she is ever going to fill it! i've got a 30g and, although i've been close to filling it a few times, i've always went through my music and found i had a load of rubbish on it i hadn't even listened to!

Decisions decisions....its a hard decision to make lady, you can't live without your ipod...so hopefully you'll make the right decision!

#4 Infinity22

• 1,520 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Go with the touch, I got one for Christmas and it rocks!

#5 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

FI lost his touch in the cab on our way back from Christmas, and he has the same issue. He doesn't have as many songs downloaded as you, so space really isn't that big of an issue for him. He's used to his touch, so he'll probably just get that again. He watches a lot of shows on it, so he likes the full screen.

If you really want the touch, go to PriceGrabber.com - Comparison Shopping, Online Shopping, Product Reviews to see where you can get the cheapest price. That website is such a lifesaver!

#6 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

I vote to go with the classic. You already had so many songs. I think the extra storage space would come in handy for you.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

I have a Touch and Ive been debating getting a 120g classic - Ive got too many CD's that I want to put on it. I voted to go with the classic!!

#8 CayoLargo

• 177 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

I think the classic is the way to go due to the storage space....not only that are you getting this Ipod to play games or to listen to music?

If you want to game then get a gaming hand held device...that is what I think.

Good luck choosing!
                  Engaged: December 25, 2007
                  Married: February 4, 2009
                  Wedding Destination: Cuba
                  Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo

#9 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

ok im going to vote for the classic seeing as how it has more storage, etc. but truthfully id rather have the touch. except for that i never like to buy the first version of something. like it will probably be better next version, or that you can then get the original one for much less.

#10 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

I've got a classic and very nearly bought a touch just before xmas but after speaking about it with my techy friend he recommended i stick with the classic.

He loves his touch but rarely plays the games and his had crashed big style and was wrecked and for what they are and how much the cost its just not worth it.

I love my classic and have films and songs on it. Just make sure you back everything up i've fallen foul of that before lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users