Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5041 mthackeray

mthackeray
  • Newbie
  • 64 posts

    Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

    Originally Posted by IslandBride201x 


    haha... yeah, my FI insisted on A/C.  We are having a private dinner in Calabash.  At least that is what I filled out on my details form.  Hopefully there are no hiccups with that plan. 

     

    Are you doing a rehearsal / welcome dinner another night?  We are going to use the Mexican restaurant for a welcome dinner the night before the wedding.  Hopefully the bride that night has chosen another restaurant or we'll be finding somewhere else to eat.. LOL

     

    I'm anxious to hear back from Nicole or Tiffany to get the big details confirmed... restaurants, bonfire, beach party, etc.  How long did it take to get answers and your proposed bill once you submitted the details form to them?   

    Hey Girls,

     

    I know some details regarding the bonfires and beach parties from my WC at IRHB. I can try to help if you like?


    Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
    54 people booked!


    #5042 JamaicaSukie

    JamaicaSukie
    • Newbie
    • 75 posts

      Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

      I still haven't gotten an estimate or confirmation from Nicole.  The only thing they said was no to the lanterns.  Still waiting...

      I plan on having a welcome cocktail party on Thursday at the Lobby Terrace (guests will just get their drinks from the bar and walk them over to the terrace) and I will be renting the sound system for 2 hours to play my iPod (I downloaded 2 hours worth of American songs as reggae covers...yay!), followed by dinner at the buffet or beach bbq if there is one.  On Friday we are having our rehearsal dinner at Aunt Ruby's Steakhouse unless it's already booked.

       

      I really hope Nicole gets back to me with something concrete soon.  It's so frustrating feeling like we're not quite important enough to deal with yet.

      Originally Posted by IslandBride201x 


      haha... yeah, my FI insisted on A/C.  We are having a private dinner in Calabash.  At least that is what I filled out on my details form.  Hopefully there are no hiccups with that plan. 

       

      Are you doing a rehearsal / welcome dinner another night?  We are going to use the Mexican restaurant for a welcome dinner the night before the wedding.  Hopefully the bride that night has chosen another restaurant or we'll be finding somewhere else to eat.. LOL

       

      I'm anxious to hear back from Nicole or Tiffany to get the big details confirmed... restaurants, bonfire, beach party, etc.  How long did it take to get answers and your proposed bill once you submitted the details form to them?   


      Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!


      #5043 IslandBride201x

      IslandBride201x
      • Jr. Member
      • 237 posts

        Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

        Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie 

        I still haven't gotten an estimate or confirmation from Nicole.  The only thing they said was no to the lanterns.  Still waiting...

        I plan on having a welcome cocktail party on Thursday at the Lobby Terrace (guests will just get their drinks from the bar and walk them over to the terrace) and I will be renting the sound system for 2 hours to play my iPod (I downloaded 2 hours worth of American songs as reggae covers...yay!), followed by dinner at the buffet or beach bbq if there is one.  On Friday we are having our rehearsal dinner at Aunt Ruby's Steakhouse unless it's already booked.

         

        I really hope Nicole gets back to me with something concrete soon.  It's so frustrating feeling like we're not quite important enough to deal with yet.


        Yeah, the lack of quick response didn't really bother me over the last year plus, but now that we are under 50 days to go I am a little more impatient.  3 weeks is just a long time to wait.  I don't mind picking the cake and finalizing set-up once I get down there, but I would really like to at least confirm the restaurant locations and the beach party.  I want to print my final wedding activities cards for our guests and can't do that until she confirms it all.  Maybe they only point out what we can't do when we send the details form in, and we should take the lack of response as a green light to everything else...  


        Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
        Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


        #5044 IslandBride201x

        IslandBride201x
        • Jr. Member
        • 237 posts

          Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

          Originally Posted by mthackeray 

          Hey Girls,

           

          I know some details regarding the bonfires and beach parties from my WC at IRHB. I can try to help if you like?


          Thanks for the offer!!!  Oh and congratulations!!!  I wish there was something you could help with.  When you get closer to your wedding, you will fill out a 'details form' that breaks down all of the details of the day and the activities around your wedding.  It is those confirmations of restaurant locations and activities that we are waiting to officially confirm with the resort.  The waiting game is torture, but I know it will all work out and be wonderful in the end!  Just need to keep reminding myself that...


          Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


          #5045 heat170277

          heat170277
          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

            Can you send these to me as well?

             

            heatmck14@gmail.com

             

            Thanks!



            #5046 heat170277

            heat170277
            • Newbie
            • 6 posts

              Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

              sorry  meant to post this wayyyyy back in the thread...



              #5047 kfarkas26

              kfarkas26
              • Site Supporter
              • 209 posts

                Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

                Originally Posted by heat170277 

                Can you send these to me as well?

                 

                heatmck14@gmail.com

                 

                Thanks!

                Hey! what do you need sent!?



                #5048 IslandBride201x

                IslandBride201x
                • Jr. Member
                • 237 posts

                  Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

                  I have this question in to Nicole and Tiffany at the Suites, but I will probably get a quicker response here... :)

                   

                  I have all of my notarized paperwork ready to go.  Could any past brides or upcoming brides give me the address and how you addressed the package with all of your paperwork that you sent to the Suites?  I know there have been some issues with things getting lost in the past, so I just want to make sure that I fill out the UPS information the correct way.  I was going to just use what is in Nicole and Tiffany's signature of their email, but I'll feel better making sure there isn't another address that I should be using.  Thanks!


                  Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                  Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


                  #5049 Jamaicanmecrazy

                  Jamaicanmecrazy
                  • Newbie
                  • 94 posts

                    Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

                    Hey! I'm having my wedding July 2013, my TA just gave me the prices for the Beach resort last night. All of the airline carriers are only giving my guests till October 1 to pay in full for the early booking bonus! Then prices go up $200! Apparently this is from Iberostar and the date can not be pushed. Anyone heard of this??



                    #5050 erin2100

                    erin2100
                    • Newbie
                    • 31 posts

                      Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

                      Hello Erin, No Mine got moved to the 27th because the 28th was booked, guess I know by who now lol. Don't worry Love, it's all good

                      Ah! Sorry about the conflicting date thing but it's kind of relieving to know they have stuff together and know what dates are booked already! I still feel like it's so far away. Do you (or anyone for that matter) know if you take items for centerpieces and guest favors, will the coordinators set the. Up? I am wanting to take my own simple ones but hope they will set them up...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users