Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2521 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

wow!  these pics are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  can't wait to hear your review!!  :-)  CONGRATS!!!  R~

#2522 Jamaica2012

• 176 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

I adore your pics!!! You look so beautiful!!!!!

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#2523 Jamaica2012

• 176 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info. That's great that you were able to get a cost adjustment! I really want a beautiful wedding and it sounds like Iberostar has this!!!  Sounds like they are having some issues with a WC currently, so I'm anxious to see how the reviews are from the brides that are there now like Chan_porty!  

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

i booked the 'renewal' wedding to avoid that situation AND  because my fiance and i are going to get the 'legal' part out of the way here in the good ole USofA...i'd recommend doing that.  of course, should you change your mind and decide to go the legal route, give them a call or email them about 4-6 months in advance..i bet they'll be happy to change it from the 'renewal' wedding to a legal one.

please keep in mind that when you look for rates in 2012..they're going to be sky high...its usual that rates are priced that way when you're looking a year in advance..what i did was..use rates for the same part of the year, ie, i got engaged in july and knew i'd have an october 2011 wedding so last july, i looked at october 2010 rates and used that as a 'guide' for my guests.  rates are usually best w/in 3-4 months prior to departure...at least that's been my experience. 

my fiance and i travel to jamaica every Fall and have been doing so for the last four years...frankly, in years past, i didn't book my travel until august...of course, this time around, i booked in march because we're getting married there 10.8.11..AND i wanted to assure my guests that i'd already booked...but right after i booked, the rates went down DRASTICALLY so my travel agent got us a cost adjustment (can u say great job for the TA??) 

another thing to think about is...iberostar is a higher priced resort BUT soooooo well worth the $$$...i've stayed at Sandals Montego Bay, Breezes Runaway Bay and Iberostar Rosehall Suites...and to be frank...IBEROSTAR was the BEST HANDS-DOWN...now, don't get me wrong...we enjoyed Sandals and Breezes was fun too..but for our wedding, we wanted our guests to have an "optimal" experience.  most of our guests have never left the USA so the mere thought of them traveling made me want to ensure that they would have the BEST experience for the $$$...so, if you can afford it...go for it!  :-)

no matter your choice, you're in jamaica...so, as the locals say...its all NO PROBLEM, MON!

happy planning!  R~

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#2524 Toiinlove

• 87 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the teaser pics! Have fun at the GRAND!!!

#2525 IRIEGIRL

• 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

omg you look so beautiful your face is amazing the pics are gorgeous

#2526 pintsize1

• 165 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Can someone confirm that if we use an outside florist (e.g. Jan's Flowers) we have to pay $100 for the vendor fee.  Nicole replied to my email saying it's a $100 but I'm not sure if that's for people dropping stuff off too.  I believe I read somewhere that as long as it's a drop off they don't have to pay but for those staying like DJ's or make-up artists they do. Is that the vendor fee and the day pass dispute? That sucks if that's the case.  Thank you!!!!! 

#2527 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
              • 131 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

AMAZING PICTURES! Can't wait to see more!

#2528 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
                • 131 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

FYI. for those brides getting married at the Grand and were told they couldn't switch to the free wedding... I just switched to it, so it is possible. I just told her I wanted it instead of asking!? however I moved my date, so not sure if that had something to do with it?

#2529 ashaun

• 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

OMG Gorg teasers Chan.  You looked absolutely amazing!

#2530 bride0807

• 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hi Pinky

The wedding coordinators are Elizabeth Miranda and Daniela and they are fabulous.  They were super busy last week with seven weddings at the resort. 

Originally Posted by Pinky 

Wow lots of great reading in this thread!!!  Has anyone found out who the new WC for IRHB is?  I've not had any replies to my emails requesting information from the resort.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users