Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2281 ashaun

ashaun
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Good question.  I would like to know the answer also since I was going to order freeze dried petals too.

Originally Posted by eholt 

Hay ladies.  I am thining of putting down rose petals on the aisle and possible the reception tables.  Does anyone know if freeze dried petals present an issue with going through customs?  I am wondering where I can get them and perhaps not TaiFlora as I think the are overpriced for everything!

#2282 ashaun

ashaun
    • 54 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Oh yeah if anyone is interested in chuppah floral decorations I contacted Jan's Flowers and was quoted $180 for this...BTW I was quoted $450 by Floral Fantasies.

rockhouse wedding fever.jpg

and $450 for this...I was quoted $900 by Floral Fantasies

TopOnly.png

Jan's Flowers ---> www.jansflowersjamaica.com/ 

#2283 Jules23

Jules23
      • 182 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

Just letting everyone know I leave on tuesday for the Suites!! I cannot believe it came up SO quickly. Enjoy every little bit of planning!!! Our wedding is next saturday. Nicole has become a bit more attentive in the last few weeks incase you are wondering!!! I hope everything goes well but im pretty laid back and havent planned too many over the top things! Ill definatly post a review once I return. Thanx to all you ladies for all the Q & A!

#2284 starrysim

starrysim
        • 349 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:15 AM

I have a cake question - if you have more guests than what's included in the basic package, do you need to pay extra to have a bigger cake?  Can anyone elaborate?  Thanks

Jules - we wish you all the best, and can't wait til you get back, of course :)

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2285 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Congrats Jules and myself as other future Suites brides can not wait to hear all about you wedding and experience at the Suites!!

Just letting everyone know I leave on tuesday for the Suites!! I cannot believe it came up SO quickly. Enjoy every little bit of planning!!! Our wedding is next saturday. Nicole has become a bit more attentive in the last few weeks incase you are wondering!!! I hope everything goes well but im pretty laid back and havent planned too many over the top things! Ill definatly post a review once I return. Thanx to all you ladies for all the Q & A!

#2286 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Any past brides who rented out the other restaurants besides Aunt Ruby's for your reception, how was your experience overall? I know we have to have a back up place just in case we have less than the 40 required at AR's so I'm just wondering how the others are. How did you decorate etc. Thanks!

#2287 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
              • 235 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi Starrysim,

They will based the cake size on the amount of guests you have. you won't have to pay anything extra. we had 60 guest so they gave us a three tier cake which was more than enough for everyone. we kept the smaller tier and took to our room and still had a tonne of left overs from the other tiers.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I have a cake question - if you have more guests than what's included in the basic package, do you need to pay extra to have a bigger cake?  Can anyone elaborate?  Thanks

Jules - we wish you all the best, and can't wait til you get back, of course :)

#2288 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
                • Site Supporter
                • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

I am using freeze dried flowers as well and ordered mine from flyboynaturals.com. If I remember correctly, i read somewhere on this thread that the freeze dried petals had no problems getting through customs.

Please let me know if you learn otherwise.

Thanks!

Hay ladies.  I am thining of putting down rose petals on the aisle and possible the reception tables.  Does anyone know if freeze dried petals present an issue with going through customs?  I am wondering where I can get them and perhaps not TaiFlora as I think the are overpriced for everything!

#2289 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

I am using freeze dried flowers as well and ordered mine from flyboynaturals.com. If I remember correctly, i read somewhere on this thread that the freeze dried petals had no problems getting through customs.

Please let me know if you learn otherwise.

Thanks!

#2290 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

For those planning on doing a TTD, have you decided where you are taking your pictures? I want to go off the resort and preferably to a waterfall, but I don't even know if there are any nearby that are not located in Ocho Rios.

All help/suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users