Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1141 breeze616

breeze616
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

My FI's birth father was also an abenstee father. He also happened to pass away this year. Tameica (my WC) said that we should type a letter explaining that "FI's father passed away and was not present during his life, so we have no record of his ID available", and to have that letter notarized. Weird, but whatevs.

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be 

Thanks Breeze but how in the world am i supposed to get absentee fathers photo id? He is listed on my BC but there is no way I will be able to get anything from him.. Any suggestions?  I work with lawyers so getting things notarized isnt a problem.  i will ask here and see what they say.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breeze616 

Yes, that is exactly what you do. Make photo copies, leaving lots of space at the bottom for the notary's stamps. Then bring both your originals and the copies to a lawyer or Red Seal Notary and have the copies notarized. You'll have to arrange to borrow your father's ID and bring it with you to the lawyer as well (or ask your father to get a notarized copy for you).

I recommend finding a lawyer who will do it, as they tend to be cheaper than Red Seal Notaries, but shop around. Because of our time crunch, we went with a local lawyer who said he would do it for $40 per document. But in the end he only charged us $20/document, which was nice.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eholt 

I asked the same question.  Do I simply make a copy and have it notarized?  Thats not too difficult.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be 

Thanks Breeze.. i didnt realize they needed to be notarized either.. wonder how that works?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breeze616 

Hey Ladies, So as I'm running around like a madwoman, I get this email EXACTLY one month before my wedding:

Please note that we need the paperwork here at least a month in advance to apply for the license that is needed to get married here in Jamaica.

...in order to get legally married by a Marriage Officer recognized by the Jamaican Government you must apply for a License ahead of time. Bellow you will find the list of documents that are required by the Jamaican Government to apply for this License:
    ï§       Notarized copies of the Bride & Groom's birth certificates which must include father’s name.
    ï§       Notarized copies of Bride & Groom’s official ID (Passports)
    ï§       Notarized copies of divorce decrees or death certificates (if applicable)
    These documents must be sent to the Wedding Coordinator at least four (4) weeks prior to the couple's arrival to the hotel (We highly recommend to use a private currier as FedEx, DHL, UPS…)

I knew they needed copies, but didn't know they needed to be NOTARIZED. So that's an extra cost and extra time. Also, because we don't have our Father's name on our BC here in Canada, I had to get his ID notarized and send that.

I just thought I would let you ladies know this, get copies of your passports and BC and Father's BC NOTARIZED by a lawyer and FedEx'd to arrive in Jamaica 1 month before your wedding. If I'd known that, I would've been on this a month ago. Now its looking to arrive two weeks before the wedding. Hope its enough!!

#1142 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Just to throw my 2 cents in, either my or hubby's birth certificates (maybe both) didn't have our father's names on them and we just sent notarized copies of the birth certificates along with our passport and divorce decree copies (everything  notarized)..  I checked with Nicole before hand and that was acceptable for her. 

#1143 Princess J

Princess J
      • 424 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

I am getting married with Tropical Weddings Jamaica and all they needed was our birth certificates (not notarized), hopefully it is ok!

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#1144 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
        • 349 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the tip looking into it tonight. Did you get the e-mail of the pics that I sent you?

#1145 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
          • 349 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Just did my site visit this weekend. We just booked Saturday December 3rd 2011!!  Here comes the bride!  

#1146 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
            • 349 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Meeeee! 12-3-11! Just went to visit this weekend...I wish I stayed longer! I met with Kymoya while I was there and just found out today that she's not the WC anymore, I'm so upset!

Originally Posted by Tropical Love 

I've noticed that a most of brides on this particular forum are getting married at the Suites. Would the ladies who were married or are getting married at the Grand shout themselves out! LOL It would extremely helpful!

Thanks ladies!

#1147 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
              • 349 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I just wanted to let you ladies know I came across an amazing talanted photographer while I was in Montego Bay doing my site visit at the suites this weekend.

Check out the free photoshoot he gave us http://www.simplephoto.com/BrianDesign_ChristineJoe5263.htm

Brian Nejedly
                www.briandesign.com
                Ocho Rios, Jamaica

*If you contact him please mention me and this website for a special rate.

#1148 Tina5978

Tina5978
                • 231 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

Wendy,  would a normal notary be suffice or does it have to be Red Seal?  Sorry for my ignorance but I've never heard of a Red Seal.  

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
                  Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#1149 ashaun

ashaun
                  • 54 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'm so glad I ran across this thread - tons of helpful info.  My date of 10-7-11 has been confirmed at the suites and I am sssoooo excited

#1150 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
                    • 301 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

Love your pics! Brian was my first choice but he was away on my dates 

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

I just wanted to let you ladies know I came across an amazing talanted photographer while I was in Montego Bay doing my site visit at the suites this weekend.

Check out the free photoshoot he gave us http://www.simplephoto.com/BrianDesign_ChristineJoe5263.htm

Brian Nejedly
                      www.briandesign.com
                      Ocho Rios, Jamaica

*If you contact him please mention me and this website for a special rate.

Back to Jamaica Accommodations & Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users