Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

 

anyone who has been to Iberostar - where there lots of little bigs around during the day/night?  when i was in negril last year sand flies were everywhere and would bite up your legs.  just thinking if bug spray was necessary?

when we went (which is around when ur getting married) there were NO bugs at the suites. However we did notice some bugs around the beach of the Beach resort part. The beach doesnt have as many of the palm umbrellas for shade. Instead they use real trees and under them there are alot of bugs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married at the IRHS next July and have been researching ideas for guest gifts. I saw on trip advisor a photo someone posted of a really cute canvas hand painted art work of a beach scene and the bride and groom names painted in the bottom corner. (shown below) I reached out to the bride and she told me she was staying at the Jewel Runaway Bay resort and one of the vendors outside of the resort did them. Has anyone seen anything like this or know of a vendor who draws Jamaican prints? I thought this would be really cute for my guests to have and I want to be sure to find someone to do them in plenty of time. Thanks so much for any feedback!

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a 2012 spa/salon price list?  I just searched the forum and the most recent price list I found was 2010.   If someone has it, could you pleaseeeee email it to me:  MsCourtneyMara@gmail.com??  It would be greatly appreciated!!  I don't want to waste the WC's time when I feel like someone may already have this list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by papoue View Post

 

 

You're welcome!

 

Happy planning...despite the lack of infos from the w.c. wink.gif

 

Haha... thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

 

anyone who has been to Iberostar - where there lots of little bigs around during the day/night?  when i was in negril last year sand flies were everywhere and would bite up your legs.  just thinking if bug spray was necessary?

 

 

I was there the same weekend we will be there next year, and I didn't notice any bugs.  I brought bug spray (among a million other things I packed) just in case, but I didn't even take it out.  I'll probably bring it to be safe because if it happens to be more rainy that month it may draw some bugs, but as far as providing it for guests (in your OOT bag) I wouldn't bother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure about negotiation either but I'm going to try ....especially how they charge you an extra $18 for the guests to watch your wedding. Seeing how we have more than 8 (which is riduclous...8!!) that'll add up. We only had to pay an extra $100 to extend the air for 3 days. We are going to Rockhouse for a mini moon and to experience the cliffs, Rick cafe and other local food.
Oh I completely agree, I think it's ridiculous as well. We have 54 people coming so the wedding is costing $3000. I just don't get what the extra $18 pp is for when it's all inclusive?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When did or when are you planning to hand out your OOT bags?  I'm debating whether to do it at the airport or transport 50+ bags down there to hand out at our welcome party.  I'm thinking handing them out there would be cool, but at the same time I don't want the hassle of hauling down over 100lbs of stuff along with all my other wedding stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

 

When did or when are you planning to hand out your OOT bags?  I'm debating whether to do it at the airport or transport 50+ bags down there to hand out at our welcome party.  I'm thinking handing them out there would be cool, but at the same time I don't want the hassle of hauling down over 100lbs of stuff along with all my other wedding stuff.

 

If you don't plan to add some stuff bought down there in the bags, you should hand out them at the airport cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When did or when are you planning to hand out your OOT bags?  I'm debating whether to do it at the airport or transport 50+ bags down there to hand out at our welcome party.  I'm thinking handing them out there would be cool, but at the same time I don't want the hassle of hauling down over 100lbs of stuff along with all my other wedding stuff.
I debated all of this too and we decided to give them out at a meeting and greet gather we are having for those going. I couldn't be bothered to lug them there along with all of the stuff we already have to take. And then I figure people have enough to juggle at the airport I didn't want to add another thing for them, plus we are putting sunscreen in each bag so people can't even put it in their carry on, they would have to try and put stuff in their checked bag. Giving them out before just seemed way easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by erin2100 View Post

 

 

I debated all of this too and we decided to give them out at a meeting and greet gather we are having for those going. I couldn't be bothered to lug them there along with all of the stuff we already have to take. And then I figure people have enough to juggle at the airport I didn't want to add another thing for them, plus we are putting sunscreen in each bag so people can't even put it in their carry on, they would have to try and put stuff in their checked bag. Giving them out before just seemed way easier.

 

I think this is great but I think it will be too expensive for me to host a meet and greet for 90 guests. It will take me a few extra suit cases, but I'm going to pack them and pay $25 per extra suitcases to bring them down (getting guests to bring it for their second suitcase but we pay), and then get bridal party to assemble them down there. 

 

There is normally an information session the morning after you arrive where they tell you about the resort and the tours etc. At previous destination weddings I've been to this is where we organized a group trip. It may be possible to hand out the OOTs there? But that assumes that people will come to them haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×