Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Congrats!! I can't wait to read your review!

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

Hi,  I am back from our wedding/vacation.  It was an AMAZING week! I will try to post a review with some pictures on the weekend.  Iberostar was a great choice and nobody wanted to leave once the week was finished.  I am already missing Jamaica!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats and welcome back!!!  I'm so happy to hear that every single bride comes back completely satisfied with the wedding and the resort. Can't wait to see pics of course.  We love fresh pics!
 

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

Hi,  I am back from our wedding/vacation.  It was an AMAZING week! I will try to post a review with some pictures on the weekend.  Iberostar was a great choice and nobody wanted to leave once the week was finished.  I am already missing Jamaica!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Glad you had a wonderful time; can't wait to see the photos.

 

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

Hi,  I am back from our wedding/vacation.  It was an AMAZING week! I will try to post a review with some pictures on the weekend.  Iberostar was a great choice and nobody wanted to leave once the week was finished.  I am already missing Jamaica!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eholt-

I completely agree.  The thing is that the Iberostar property is an affordable resort to stay at.  It's not like we are asking everyone to come to the Ritz.  So big yip, stay there.  Me and my friend decided to go to my friends wedding at Secrets and stayed at Sunset Beach this past May.  I was just graduating college and the trip ended up being around 600 bucks cheaper pp.  That to me is pretty understandable to me because we couldn't afford to shell out that kind of cash.  BUT, we paid for the added expenses and had no problem doing it.  I wish people were that understandable and open-minded.  And we okayed it with the bride beforehand.  It's just much more tactful.

 

MrsDesz-

I think your idea is good but I'm not sure I'd vocalize it that way?  Just because then people may think that they can be one of those people and book their trip differently.  I'd maybe say something like, if you aren't staying at the Iberostar, please confirm with me so we can make sure the allotted amount of guest passes aren't used?  Maybe that would work?

Originally Posted by eholt View Post


Im not sure why the idea of having to go into this gets under my skin, but each time I read a post I feel some kinda way! :/

 

If you send out invites or info on the wedding and include the HOST hotel, its a no brainer to me.  WE, the bride/groom will HOST you at this resort....not the freakin island.  Should YOU choose to stay elsewhere...its on YOU!!

 

Granted, I had a few people that I thought would be traveling with children and I offered them to stay at the Beach and not the Suites.  It didn't end up happening but I was clear to the TA who these "exceptions" were and that was that.  I did have people who did not go with the TA (even though she did price match) but they didn't adventure outside of the resort.  Maybe I was fortunate but the bottom line is guests need to realize that the HOST hotel is where the HOSTING and action will take place and not complicate matters! 

 

If it were a stateside wedding and you state that a shuttle will pick you up from Main St. Marriott, would guest stay at the Holiday Inn and still expect shuttle service?  NO!

 

Okay...of my soapbox and to work I go!

 

 

Quote:



 



 



Originally Posted by MrsDesz View Post

Thanks for the response.  I'm just going to be very clear with my guests on my website. - "You have to stay at one of the three Iberostar properties. 

If you choose to stay outside of the Iberostar resorts, unfortunately you will not be able to attend the wedding" (since for every 10 wedding guests, 9 have to be Iberostar guests). 

At least if I'm blunt (like a previous bride said) they'll know there are limited options.

 

**I'll reserve the pass for that 1 guest (out of every 10 guests) that may stay with relatives from Jamaica. I think this may work.  What do you think?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah!!! Welcome back....as far as the people wanting to stay elsewhere...lately no probs but I let it go. What God says will be, will be. I'm realizing people will do what they want whether you hold their foot or not. It makes the planning process discouraging, so try to move past it. According to Nicole as long as majority stay at Iberostar they will work with you meaning 6/4, does not have to be 9/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one more person cancels it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. I wanted a private reception, but I think I can make the disco work.

 

 

 

 

How is everything? I hope you are having fun now. I am trying at this point. 3 more months!!!! Wohooooo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


OK So for all of the future brides that have not sent out invitations....here is what happened to me in regards to the other Iberostar resorts.

1. you can have kids at the suites...that is one of the reasons why I decided on it.

2. I put in my invitation that the wedding and activities would be at the suites....being nice I added (there are three resorts at the property, you can stay at the Grand, Suites or beaches.  If you stay off property you will have to pay $100 per day per person to attend events)   BIG MISTAKE

3. if they stay at the beaches they have to pay $30/person/day to attend the wedding activities at the suites.  and my future inlaws took advantage of my misprint and argued that since I didn't mention the $30 in the invitation their guest staying at the beaches shouldn't have to pay the $30 fee.  so basically to keep the peace I am eating the cost for her 6 guests that are staying at the beaches.  (did i mention that my and FI are paying for everything ourselves...and all of my inlaws guest work for the airlines and fly for FREE so they are not even paying for airfare.....)

My suggestion...DO NOT MENTION THE OTHER RESORTS....if they find out about it themselves then they are responsible for the additional fees...just like eholt said.  This has been a serious headache recently and if I had to do it over again...I wouldn't mention the beaches or grand at all.  I am having to adjust my budget to cover this expense....agggggggg

 

Sorry needed to vent...:)

Originally Posted by eholt View Post


Im not sure why the idea of having to go into this gets under my skin, but each time I read a post I feel some kinda way! :/

 

If you send out invites or info on the wedding and include the HOST hotel, its a no brainer to me.  WE, the bride/groom will HOST you at this resort....not the freakin island.  Should YOU choose to stay elsewhere...its on YOU!!

 

Granted, I had a few people that I thought would be traveling with children and I offered them to stay at the Beach and not the Suites.  It didn't end up happening but I was clear to the TA who these "exceptions" were and that was that.  I did have people who did not go with the TA (even though she did price match) but they didn't adventure outside of the resort.  Maybe I was fortunate but the bottom line is guests need to realize that the HOST hotel is where the HOSTING and action will take place and not complicate matters! 

 

If it were a stateside wedding and you state that a shuttle will pick you up from Main St. Marriott, would guest stay at the Holiday Inn and still expect shuttle service?  NO!

 

Okay...of my soapbox and to work I go!

 

 

Quote:



 



 



Originally Posted by MrsDesz View Post

Thanks for the response.  I'm just going to be very clear with my guests on my website. - "You have to stay at one of the three Iberostar properties. 

If you choose to stay outside of the Iberostar resorts, unfortunately you will not be able to attend the wedding" (since for every 10 wedding guests, 9 have to be Iberostar guests). 

At least if I'm blunt (like a previous bride said) they'll know there are limited options.

 

**I'll reserve the pass for that 1 guest (out of every 10 guests) that may stay with relatives from Jamaica. I think this may work.  What do you think?



 



Originally Posted by MrsDesz View Post

Congratulations! You sound like you had a great time.  Looking forward to seeing your pics!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is perfectly fine that you mentioned the beach with $30 fee or outside resort with $100 fee. If you don't people will complain and the issues would be worst. I feel like we are responsible for sharing the warning if people decide to veer off to other resorts. I think what you did was ok. Maybe mentioning the beach would have been I guess better, but not neccessarily because people will complain either way. i think it is a lot worst not mentioning it when you have over 15-20 guests because you can no longer keep track of what everyone is doing. Its cordial and informative that you did so. To me if I was a guest, I would rather know that so i can calculate the fees to see if its worthwhile. most people are gonna "try" to get the best bang for their buck regardless. if you dont mention other resorts, its not to hard to find out with bookit.com and other websites. most people dont want to use your recommended travel agent without you mentioning their are others. when they go to other agents, they end up getting all kinds of alternatives....its a nightmare for me too...i feel the same way as you. I just dont think you not mentioning the other resorts would have made a more positive difference. Especially if you have over 20 guests. out of those 20 at least 10 of them would be trying to do their own "research" and 10 would be complaint with what the bride wishes and desires.

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post


OK So for all of the future brides that have not sent out invitations....here is what happened to me in regards to the other Iberostar resorts.

1. you can have kids at the suites...that is one of the reasons why I decided on it.

2. I put in my invitation that the wedding and activities would be at the suites....being nice I added (there are three resorts at the property, you can stay at the Grand, Suites or beaches.  If you stay off property you will have to pay $100 per day per person to attend events)   BIG MISTAKE

3. if they stay at the beaches they have to pay $30/person/day to attend the wedding activities at the suites.  and my future inlaws took advantage of my misprint and argued that since I didn't mention the $30 in the invitation their guest staying at the beaches shouldn't have to pay the $30 fee.  so basically to keep the peace I am eating the cost for her 6 guests that are staying at the beaches.  (did i mention that my and FI are paying for everything ourselves...and all of my inlaws guest work for the airlines and fly for FREE so they are not even paying for airfare.....)

My suggestion...DO NOT MENTION THE OTHER RESORTS....if they find out about it themselves then they are responsible for the additional fees...just like eholt said.  This has been a serious headache recently and if I had to do it over again...I wouldn't mention the beaches or grand at all.  I am having to adjust my budget to cover this expense....agggggggg

 

Sorry needed to vent...:)



 





 





 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having fun or at least trying to. I can't believe it's only 3 months away, I can't wait! On top of everything else my brother said he isn't coming and it's sad because my sister-in-law and niece and nephew were in the wedding. He paid for the rooms and got their passports so I was sure he was coming. It cuts out some of my wedding party, but I have decided i am going to enjoy MY day no matter who is or isn't there. I'm just happy it didn't print my programs yet!
 

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post



How is everything? I hope you are having fun now. I am trying at this point. 3 more months!!!! Wohooooo.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×