We were robbed! I won't be on for a while

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas. At this point it will not be Merry for us, as our apartment was broken into Sunday night. Most of our presents including our 5 day old Playstation 3, and 4 month old computer were taken. Clearly we do not have internet at home anymore, so I will not be one here until after the holidays.

(They got in through the back door which was half glass, half wood, broke the glass, then they busted down our dead-bolted back door.)

Everyone is ok, we were not home when the robbery occurred, and thankfully our dog was unharmed.

Hoping you all have a very Merry Christmas!
    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

Oh no! I hate to hear that! Do the police have any leads? Was it an isolated thing or were lots of places hit in the neighborhood.

My mom's house was broken into in October while we were on vacation and in the last 3 months, 2 of our business vehicals have been broken into. It is such a horrible feeling. You feel really violated!

I'm glad no one was harmed including the puppy. Stuff is replacable. Still sucks though.

#3 cessyboston

• VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

i am so sorry that must feel so awful.. so glad you two are ok i wish you both all the best and hope you feel safe in your home soon..
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

that is horrible! I recently read an article about how robberies are going to be on the rise this holiday season because of the economy etc.
          Do you have homeowners insurance?
          Like Erin said, thank goodness you are ok and everything is replacable!

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

Yikes, I'm so sorry. Do you have home owners insurance, to cover what you lost?

#6 Tobi

• 163 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

im so sorry! i know how you feel...our pickup was broken into last week and they stole our ipod which was being used for reception music at the wedding. it really makes me mad that you can't even park your car in the front driveway without having to worry. 1 other car got broke into next door and they stole their gps. 3 houses were broken into within the last month. we broke down and got an alarm for the house...this is crazy. we also are getting a gun of course safely out of reach from our 16 month old. i think its just some punk kids that are terrorizing the neighborhood. id love to catch them in the act!
              Moral of the story...this world has changed from 15 yrs ago, every one is desperate in this economy...lock your cars and bolt your doors. Sad but true

#7 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

I'm sorry thats awful. I am glad you guys are okay and especially the dog. There was just a story on our local news this morning about a puppy being stolen. It sucks having someone taking all that stuff but a lot of it can be replaced, you guys and the dog cant be. I hope they catch whomever did it and maybe get some of your stuff back. Does insurance cover it?
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

That is horrible. I am glad that you were not home at the time and that the dog was not harmed
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#9 KHarrod

• 902 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that, the world is in a crazy state right now with the jacked up economy. I'm glad that everyone was okay.

#10 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

That is terrible, I'm so sorry. Hopefully, they catch whoever stole your stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users