Photo

Am i wrong for planning a Destination Wedding in 8 months?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 bashigyal

bashigyal
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Agreed....let that be their problem for not going, not yours. I planned mine in less than 5 months and the only person who complained had other "issues" that she covered up under all the guilt she tried to give me. I simply told her "don't come then, no sweat" and that was it. This is YOUR day and not theirs. Your friends and family that love you will find a way to be there no matter what, and the complainers can stay at home!

#12 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Absolutely don't feel guilty about doing what you want. Tell everyone who is pissing and moaning about it to GET BENT. That's what I did...

#13 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
      • 408 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

No you are not wrong. I am planing mine in 7 months and it is a heck of a lot more than $800

#14 Katiebelle

Katiebelle
        • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Heck no! That was our time frame for Jamaica! I figured if you want to come and enjoy us getting married...please do! If you don't or can't we love you anyway, but it is our day! Not to mention it is all about the two of you!

#15 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
          • 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Whats so funny is my brothers wedding is in Oct in LAX....so of course my family probably wont be at mine, but my brother is coming (lol)..They just complain so much that's their excuse..but he's coming..don't really who cares as long as my FI show up lmao!!!

#16 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
            • 456 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

I started planning mine a year before... and I am still hearing stuff.. from my parents! So I can totally relate. I just had to get to the point that as long as me and my FI are there, that's all that matters!

#17 montegobay09

montegobay09
              • 832 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
                I started planning mine a year before... and I am still hearing stuff.. from my parents! So I can totally relate. I just had to get to the point that as long as me and my FI are there, that's all that matters!
                That's exactly what I was going to say. People had over a year to plan and save for our wedding and I'm still hearing excuses and complaints. I just keep saying ..don't worry about it, we don't expect anyone to be able to come so the people who do come are a bonus! That's why we're having an AHR."

Everytime we were ready to give up and say let's just get married in our hometown we would quickly realize that's not even close to what we want and we can't picture ourselves having a traditional wedding like everyone else. We want to enjoy our day and what better place to enjoy it than on a beach in the Caribbean??!!!!

#18 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

Do what works for you and FI. Don't feel bad and let your guests brings you down.

#19 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

I planned my wedding in 8 months and I couldn't be happier to say that I am somewhat glad that there are only a few of us going.

I can guarantee it's not nearly as stress free as it would have been if I had stayed here and planned a traditional wedding.

Good luck...everything will work out perfectly!!

#20 Geralyn

Geralyn
                    • 2,677 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

We had our date set and then got engaged...the planning started at 10 months...if it's what you and your hunny want to do then that's all that matters...don't let anyone else make you feel bad!!! It's your day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users