Photo

Am i wrong for planning a Destination Wedding in 8 months?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

Everyone is complaining about going to Jamaica and spending money, getting a passport etc...I feel like I didnt want a traditional wedding because didn't want to spend all that money..so why should I? I told everyone if u can come it will be nice, but if u can't it's ok. People are trying to make me feel bad..am I wrong for planningit in 8 months?

#2 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
    • 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

Also the trip is only $800 and they have 8months to pay!!!!

#3 neen

neen
      • 633 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

NO! Don't take crap from anyone! If you've made it clear you'll understand if they can't join you then that's the best you can do.

Sorry - can you tell I'm sick of taking crap from would-be guests

Honestly, 8 months is plenty of time and if money/vacation time is an issue, then folks can just graciously decline attending. Please don't let them stress you out or make you feel bad or guilty. It's your wedding, you should do what makes you happy :)

#4 Michelle

Michelle
        • Banned
        • 302 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

no i dont think you are wrong...like for some people ya it may not be enough time to save the money for the trip...but really the people that seriously want to be there will find a way....the people that want to just complain will find a reason even if it was two years away....do what makes you and FI happy and pick a wedding date that you really want and the people that matter will be there for you im sure :)

#5 Michelle

Michelle
          • Banned
          • 302 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

oh wow ya 800 shouldnt be a problem in 8 months....ya i agree with neen dont let them stress you out!

#6 Anna83

Anna83
            • 288 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

8 months is plenty of time and $800 is not a bad price at all. Ours is quite a bit higher than that.

As long as you understand that not everyone will come, than do what you want. Even though people are complaining, you might be surprised how many of them come. People will really surprise (in a good or bad way) when planning and destination wedding, I thinkg most of the brides on here can vouch for that.

Bottom line is do what makes you and your FI happy and don't worry about everyone else!

#7 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
              • 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

They also can pay in installments..mayb they are complaining about the 3day 2night for that price but i told them they can stay longer WTH!! You guys are right the H with everyone....

#8 amym567

amym567
                • 403 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Ours was planned in less than 6 months!

#9 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

Wow, $800 is a fantastic price!! Anyhoo, don't feel bad about planning it in 8 months. Mine is six months to the day after my engagement, so yeah. I understand that for some people it may be difficult to afford but for those that matter, it should be ok.

Good luck!

#10 leahstafford

leahstafford
                    • 713 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

$800 is a great time and I think that is plenty of time. Remember 8 months or 24 months there will always be people who complain. Those people who complain will send a hundred praises in the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users