Wedding Colors

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 krazyk

• 90 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

How did you ladies decide on your wedding colors? I don't know what color I want?!

#2 NJ_bride

• 227 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

I just picked the color that most represents the feel of my wedding. That is Teal. I love the color purple but didn't feel beachy enough for me.

#3 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Our favorite color is green...so we are doing a lime theme. That way, we can use actual limes (abundant in Mexico) for decor as well.

Mishka Designs does a blog with color palette inspirations: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30686

Also, the Knot has picture albums of weddings in every color - flip through and see if one really catches your eye.

#4 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

My colors are hot pink and bright orange..I wanted cheery and tropical colors!

#5 rubyringo

• 68 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

I based my colors on my Bridesmaid dresses (Turquoise and a pale lemony yellow color)

#6 GregsBride

• 333 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

I wanted to find colors that wouldn't be too feminine and that would fit in well in an island location. Mine are teal and green, they actually help when I finally decided on a theme for my wedding!!

#7 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Ours are fuschia, aqua, and a little bit of lime. We actually chose our colors with a color palette. I wanted my FI to love the colors as much as myself. He didn't really care much, so I went through a bunch of palettes and picked the ones I really liked and then asked him which was his favorite. I actually really wanted red and lime, but he didn't like it and chose the fuschia and aqua. Her is a search of Martha Stewarts palettes: Martha Stewart - Search

You can go through all of these, or if you click on the Weddings tab, on the side there is a link for color palettes. Click that and then you can go through each color and it will list links w/ these colors, they'll have Color Palettes links with a color following, such as Perfect Palettes: Emerald and Aqua and then will give you several pics w/ favors, set ups, etc w/ these colors. Hope that may help you! Good Luck!

#8 krazyk

• 90 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

I know I want something bright and festive. But I also want to make sure I pick a color that will be easy to find a dress for my MOH. I want her to be cute but comfortable! I'm going to check out the sites you listed and see what I come up with! Thanks girls!!

#9 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

My favorite color is pink. I actually purchased an ivory dress with pink accents first. The more I thought about it, it didn't feel "festive" or "beachy" enough for my vision.

I chose aqua and turquoise for an ocean pallet and it ended up being perfect!

#10 amesharpe

• 260 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

I had to laugh when I read this. I had a struggle with this issue and particularly with my mom. She was he!! bent on pink and green becasue I've always loved those colors but I thought it was a bit overdone in the last couple of years. So I just started flipping through magazines looking for what caught my eye.

I thought about the destination wedding and what I thought would look good in pics on the beach with the ocean in the background so I chose aqua and chartreuse/lime green. I figured they would work nicely becasue you see those colors in the ocean.

It's totally your choice because anything you pick will look beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users