"Formal Invitation to Follow" for STD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RosieM

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi All,
    I am trying to figure out where to put the line about a formal invitation to follow. I am doing the boarding pass STD's and I ran out of room on the first page/boarding pass. Would it be ok to put this later on a different page or does i have to go on that first page? Thanks

#2 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

I think it is ok to put it on a later page. We also did boarding pass and we put it on the first page in the bottom right corner not sure if you have anything there.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 Shannond4156

• 169 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

I also did the boarding pass STD and I put that line on the last page. So I think you are fine moving it off the first page.

#4 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

It is totally fine to have it on another page. U can also considering putting it after the Title STD- and put this in parentheses).

#5 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Mine were 3 pages. The first was about the wedding (resort, date, etc). The second was TA contact info, and the last was about our AHR. I put the formal invite to follow on the last page.

#6 Tisha316

• 71 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Where can i find the template for the STD and formal invites that you guys are talking about!?!? I am new to this and just starting my planning for next summer 2010 and would appreciate all help:) Thanks!!

#7 sperger

• Banned
              • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

I put ours on the second card (we did two pass sheets total in each ticket jacket).

#8 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

I very frequently put the "formal invite to follow" on the second (or last) page of a boarding pass STD. That way it doesn't detract from the excitement of the message being delivered.

Also, these days, you hardly need to include it at all because the STD has become such a common thing. When they were less common, people added it to make sure that the recipient knew that there would be a formal invite.

I've also had clients specifically tell me NOT to include it, simply because they won't be sending formal invites to those who confirm that aren't going to come.

So, any way you go, I think you're covered!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 Brenda&Jeff09

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

I would put it on a later page if you're going to use it at all... I never put that statement on my STDs, and now I'm glad that I didn't, because like Becks said... then you don't have to send formal invites to people who you know are absolutely not coming.... now that I'm making my formal invites and also planning the invites for the AHR, the cost is adding up!

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#10 Crystalballl

• 406 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

I put "formal invite to follow" on the 2nd or 3rd page.

But I also put it on the "ticket holder" as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users