Photo

show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1301 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

So Pucca stole the words right out of the mouth!!!! I just ADORE this "non-traditional" ring!!! It is so amazing and looks GREAT with your E-ring! BUT if you are really concerned about the matching of the sapphires, maybe you can get it done in only diamonds and that way you get the "non-traditional" ring (that looks amazing on its own btw) as well as a "traditional" aspect with it being just diamonds.

That being said, I do not think the lack of a perfect match REALLY matters, I think it looks great as is but just a suggestion!

Originally Posted by astef 

Okay, I am finding choosing a wedding band to be one of the most difficult decisions I have to make!!!! I am torn between a very regular wedding band that is white gold with small round diamonds going around halfway, or something very non-traditional. I am including a picture of the non-traditional ring, but do not have one of the traditional one... you all know what it looks like though, very normal.

Can you please let me know what you think about this non-traditional ring? I feel that it fits a bit better with my ring due to the slight dip, and I do not want to go the custom route as I do want to wear my band on its own. There is a larger gap with the traditional ring as it is straight. I am worried that I will regret the non-traditional ring as it is not truly a 'wedding band'. Let me know what you think! (PS it is hard to match the sapphires perfectly, another possible bonus of going the traditional diamond route)

I like this non-traditional look! It looks like it goes with your e-ring and looks beautiful on its own as well. Can you get this one in diamonds only? Maybe that way you can eliminate the need to match the sapphires perfectly. 

#1302 kat2012

kat2012
    • 602 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

I love how it looks with you e-ring and not so much on it is own. Just my opinion. I think it does not look like wedding band on it is own and more like just a regular right hand ring.

#1303 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

I agree with the others.  The non-traditional one looks great and I wouldn't go any other route. 

#1304 palacebride27

palacebride27
        • 58 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

Here are our rings.  I origionally had a ring that was similar to my engagement ring, but got an upgrade about a month ago that has the wedding band with it.  I LOVE my new ring sooo much!  His ring is white gold with 3 yellow gold inlays.  He had NEVER put a ring on before and this was the FIRST one that he put on and he love it!  Im so happy he got diamonds too! 

Cant wait to get married in MAY!  Cancun Palace here we come!!

engaement ring.jpgring with band.jpghis ring.jpg

#1305 venus909

venus909
          • 328 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

I've been engaged since april and never posted a picture of my e-ring and since I've been admiring everyone else's I figured I should share mine...

Here is my ring:

IMG_0517.JPG

This is how it will look with the wedding band, except we are having a duplicate custom made so there will be a band on each side of the ring...

IMG_1436.JPG

#1306 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Love it.  Just like mine!!

Originally Posted by venus909 

I've been engaged since april and never posted a picture of my e-ring and since I've been admiring everyone else's I figured I should share mine...

Here is my ring:

IMG_0517.JPG

This is how it will look with the wedding band, except we are having a duplicate custom made so there will be a band on each side of the ring...

IMG_1436.JPG

#1307 geishagyrl

geishagyrl
              • 65 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

I second that. I think it looks great together.

Originally Posted by astef 

Okay, I am finding choosing a wedding band to be one of the most difficult decisions I have to make!!!! I am torn between a very regular wedding band that is white gold with small round diamonds going around halfway, or something very non-traditional. I am including a picture of the non-traditional ring, but do not have one of the traditional one... you all know what it looks like though, very normal.

Can you please let me know what you think about this non-traditional ring? I feel that it fits a bit better with my ring due to the slight dip, and I do not want to go the custom route as I do want to wear my band on its own. There is a larger gap with the traditional ring as it is straight. I am worried that I will regret the non-traditional ring as it is not truly a 'wedding band'. Let me know what you think! (PS it is hard to match the sapphires perfectly, another possible bonus of going the traditional diamond route)

ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

#1308 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                • 710 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

I agree, Love the look. Very unique. Def go with all diamonds so you have no worries about the stones matching. However, Your choice. Follow your heart.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

So Pucca stole the words right out of the mouth!!!! I just ADORE this "non-traditional" ring!!! It is so amazing and looks GREAT with your E-ring! BUT if you are really concerned about the matching of the sapphires, maybe you can get it done in only diamonds and that way you get the "non-traditional" ring (that looks amazing on its own btw) as well as a "traditional" aspect with it being just diamonds.

That being said, I do not think the lack of a perfect match REALLY matters, I think it looks great as is but just a suggestion!

#1309 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
                  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

Here is my ring!! Just got engaged a little over a week ago and I am so excited to finally get started planning my May 2013 wedding! (clearly I have plenty of time!)

Ring.jpg

I have always wanted a 3 stone ring and I am so glad that is what I got! I will probably find a wedding band that matches the channel setting in the ring.

And dont mind my nails in this picture! haha This was taken the day I got engaged and I was definitly not prepared!

#1310 AllieH

AllieH
                    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 2,014 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

pretty ring!! congrats on your engagement! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users