Jump to content
BeautifulBridetoBe

How much is your wedding costing you?

Recommended Posts

Ours is at playacar palace and is going to run about $20k too!  We're having 70 guests and the (very rough/rounded) breakdown is:

 

Dress: $2k

Photog: $2k

Engagement Pics in our hometown (splurge): $500

Videogapher: $1k

Our trip (10 nights, 2 hotels-Playacar Palace and Live Aqua in Cancun): $5k (this might wind up being less depending on how our package's comp nights work)

Invites/thank you's/stamps: $1k

Rings: $1500

DJ: $1500

Favors: $700 (we're doing sunglasses and tote bags for everyone)

Flowers: $1k (bridal party/bride/groom/family corsages & bouts/etc. + reception table centerpieces which will be flowers and candles)

Wedding Package: $1500 (nautical)

Extras for seating over 30 ppl: $250

Groom Suit: $150 (guys have it so easy!)

Hair/Makeup/spa time: $500

 

Some of these things I rounded up on, so we're still under $19k.  I figure I'll leave another 1-2 thousand as a buffer for some random expenses I'm not thinking of (like tips, setup and extra décor if we decide to splurge beyond centerpieces). 

 

It's a lot but for 70 guests + a 10 day luxury vacation/honeymoon included, I think it's a great way to go :)  It's definitely not "free" though, like I think some of guests get the idea it is for us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so our wedding costs seem to just keep on growing. However, as things are still so far away, I am hoping I will find ways to make them much cheaper. So far our costs are looking like (estimation for most... and I am sure I have WAY over compensated... plus, we have told our parents that the extras over 29 people are being divided up between them, as we only want 29 to be there. IE. additional guest charge, std, invite, oot, bonfire, etc... i will be calculating the costs and letting them know what they owe haha):

 

Wedding Package for 20 people: $3000

Additional Guests (50 people): $4250

Chairs for 70 people @ $7/chair: $490

Total: $7740

 

Ceremony costs:

Programs/signs: $300

Bubbles/ fans: $300

Sand Ceremony: $50

Decor: $200- $400

Total: $1050

 

Reception:

Decor: $500

Favors: $200

Lounge chairs: $480

Fire show: $750

Total: $1930

 

Flowers:

Bridesmaid Bouquets: $200

Blue orchid extra cost: $150

Jewels for bouquet: $100

Rose Petals: $100

Total: $550

 

Music:

DJ: $825

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $200

Total: $1025

 

Photography:

Package: $2000

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $300

Total: $2300

 

Attire:

Dress: $800

Veil/ Alterations: $350

Shoes: $100

Jewelery: $100

Groom Outfit: $500

Groom Shoes: $200

Pre-pampering (nails, hair): $400

Hair & makeup for BM's: $500

Total: $2950

 

Rings:

His: $150

His ring tattoo: $500

Engagement Ring: $1500

Hers: $600

Total: $2750

 

OOT Bags/ Welcome Books: $900

 

Paper Costs:

STD: $150

Invites: $250

Printing: $200

Postage: $300 (Canada-wide, to the US, to Europe and Pakistan)

Guest Book: $50

Menu Cards: $100

Signs: $50

Guest Cameras/ Sign: $150

Total: $1450

 

Miscellaneous Costs:

Bonfire: $850

Legal Ceremony: $500

Passports: $200

Set-up fee: $150

Gifts: $500

Trip Clothing: $1000

Travel Agent: $500

Misc. expenses: $1000

Total: $4700

 

Trip Cost:

Airfare and Resort stay for 2 weeks: $6000 ($3000/person)

Tips: $1000

Taxes: $1000

Total: $8000

 

Grand Total for 70 people: $35,345

 

smile41.gifsmile43.gif

 

 

rofl.gif <---- I think that will be me, if this is what the actual cost looks like at the end of all of this...... LUCKILY, there are many costs I am willing to cut, if and when the time comes to do that (ie. bonfire, lounge chairs, fire show, and decor from the ceremony/reception,oot bags)

 

I think I just need to do an absolute worst case scenario, so that way when the prices start to come in and they are cheaper.....woo hoo!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AmandaPierson View Post

 

Ours is at playacar palace and is going to run about $20k too!  We're having 70 guests and the (very rough/rounded) breakdown is:

 

Dress: $2k

Photog: $2k

Engagement Pics in our hometown (splurge): $500

Videogapher: $1k

Our trip (10 nights, 2 hotels-Playacar Palace and Live Aqua in Cancun): $5k (this might wind up being less depending on how our package's comp nights work)

Invites/thank you's/stamps: $1k

Rings: $1500

DJ: $1500

Favors: $700 (we're doing sunglasses and tote bags for everyone)

Flowers: $1k (bridal party/bride/groom/family corsages & bouts/etc. + reception table centerpieces which will be flowers and candles)

Wedding Package: $1500 (nautical)

Extras for seating over 30 ppl: $250

Groom Suit: $150 (guys have it so easy!)

Hair/Makeup/spa time: $500

 

Some of these things I rounded up on, so we're still under $19k.  I figure I'll leave another 1-2 thousand as a buffer for some random expenses I'm not thinking of (like tips, setup and extra décor if we decide to splurge beyond centerpieces). 

 

It's a lot but for 70 guests + a 10 day luxury vacation/honeymoon included, I think it's a great way to go :)  It's definitely not "free" though, like I think some of guests get the idea it is for us...

 

Yeah, destination wedding does NOT mean free wedding, not by any means. Had to QUICKLY correct my mother with that..... she's like but it's all inclusive, they cant charge for that. Your wrong.

 

Everyone is always wrong with my mother, so I had to show her the costs.... and she still believes the more people that come, the cheaper it will be like, like it is with local weddings, how your alcohol/ food costs go down the more people come. NOPE, not so with a DW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, agreed!  My family thought that they were subsidizing all the costs for the wedding too, which is frustrating.  Oh well, I think it'll wind up being beautiful and cannot wait!  I do know people do it for less, but w/ a big group it's hard to cut things like DJ and I'd never cut nice photography so it adds up quick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mother is actually afraid of what my fiance and I will be paying for the wedding so she is always pushing to cut down the list of invitations. Good thing only family is getting invited... but there are many family members anyway. No need to add anyone else.... we already have a crowd! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny2014 View Post

Alright, so our wedding costs seem to just keep on growing. However, as things are still so far away, I am hoping I will find ways to make them much cheaper. So far our costs are looking like (estimation for most... and I am sure I have WAY over compensated... plus, we have told our parents that the extras over 29 people are being divided up between them, as we only want 29 to be there. IE. additional guest charge, std, invite, oot, bonfire, etc... i will be calculating the costs and letting them know what they owe haha):

 

Wedding Package for 20 people: $3000

Additional Guests (50 people): $4250

Chairs for 70 people @ $7/chair: $490

Total: $7740

 

Ceremony costs:

Programs/signs: $300

Bubbles/ fans: $300

Sand Ceremony: $50

Decor: $200- $400

Total: $1050

 

Reception:

Decor: $500

Favors: $200

Lounge chairs: $480

Fire show: $750

Total: $1930

 

Flowers:

Bridesmaid Bouquets: $200

Blue orchid extra cost: $150

Jewels for bouquet: $100

Rose Petals: $100

Total: $550

 

Music:

DJ: $825

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $200

Total: $1025

 

Photography:

Package: $2000

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $300

Total: $2300

 

Attire:

Dress: $800

Veil/ Alterations: $350

Shoes: $100

Jewelery: $100

Groom Outfit: $500

Groom Shoes: $200

Pre-pampering (nails, hair): $400

Hair & makeup for BM's: $500

Total: $2950

 

Rings:

His: $150

His ring tattoo: $500

Engagement Ring: $1500

Hers: $600

Total: $2750

 

OOT Bags/ Welcome Books: $900

 

Paper Costs:

STD: $150

Invites: $250

Printing: $200

Postage: $300 (Canada-wide, to the US, to Europe and Pakistan)

Guest Book: $50

Menu Cards: $100

Signs: $50

Guest Cameras/ Sign: $150

Total: $1450

 

Miscellaneous Costs:

Bonfire: $850

Legal Ceremony: $500

Passports: $200

Set-up fee: $150

Gifts: $500

Trip Clothing: $1000

Travel Agent: $500

Misc. expenses: $1000

Total: $4700

 

Trip Cost:

Airfare and Resort stay for 2 weeks: $6000 ($3000/person)

Tips: $1000

Taxes: $1000

Total: $8000

 

Grand Total for 70 people: $35,345

 

smile41.gifsmile43.gif

 

 

rofl.gif <---- I think that will be me, if this is what the actual cost looks like at the end of all of this...... LUCKILY, there are many costs I am willing to cut, if and when the time comes to do that (ie. bonfire, lounge chairs, fire show, and decor from the ceremony/reception,oot bags)

 

I think I just need to do an absolute worst case scenario, so that way when the prices start to come in and they are cheaper.....woo hoo!!!!

Scratch absolutely everything I wrote here. I will repost in a coupe of weeks what it will actually be. We completely changed everything about our wedding and will be MUCH cheaper than this! YAY!!!!!woot.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am recently engaged as of May 19th msnwink.gif It is my goal to only have the wedding cost 8k. I am nervous about this amount and I hope I can keep the cost down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a honest and detailed break down. Thank you for sharing

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 View Post

Alright, so our wedding costs seem to just keep on growing. However, as things are still so far away, I am hoping I will find ways to make them much cheaper. So far our costs are looking like (estimation for most... and I am sure I have WAY over compensated... plus, we have told our parents that the extras over 29 people are being divided up between them, as we only want 29 to be there. IE. additional guest charge, std, invite, oot, bonfire, etc... i will be calculating the costs and letting them know what they owe haha):

 

Wedding Package for 20 people: $3000

Additional Guests (50 people): $4250

Chairs for 70 people @ $7/chair: $490

Total: $7740

 

Ceremony costs:

Programs/signs: $300

Bubbles/ fans: $300

Sand Ceremony: $50

Decor: $200- $400

Total: $1050

 

Reception:

Decor: $500

Favors: $200

Lounge chairs: $480

Fire show: $750

Total: $1930

 

Flowers:

Bridesmaid Bouquets: $200

Blue orchid extra cost: $150

Jewels for bouquet: $100

Rose Petals: $100

Total: $550

 

Music:

DJ: $825

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $200

Total: $1025

 

Photography:

Package: $2000

Vendor Fee/ Dinner: $300

Total: $2300

 

Attire:

Dress: $800

Veil/ Alterations: $350

Shoes: $100

Jewelery: $100

Groom Outfit: $500

Groom Shoes: $200

Pre-pampering (nails, hair): $400

Hair & makeup for BM's: $500

Total: $2950

 

Rings:

His: $150

His ring tattoo: $500

Engagement Ring: $1500

Hers: $600

Total: $2750

 

OOT Bags/ Welcome Books: $900

 

Paper Costs:

STD: $150

Invites: $250

Printing: $200

Postage: $300 (Canada-wide, to the US, to Europe and Pakistan)

Guest Book: $50

Menu Cards: $100

Signs: $50

Guest Cameras/ Sign: $150

Total: $1450

 

Miscellaneous Costs:

Bonfire: $850

Legal Ceremony: $500

Passports: $200

Set-up fee: $150

Gifts: $500

Trip Clothing: $1000

Travel Agent: $500

Misc. expenses: $1000

Total: $4700

 

Trip Cost:

Airfare and Resort stay for 2 weeks: $6000 ($3000/person)

Tips: $1000

Taxes: $1000

Total: $8000

 

Grand Total for 70 people: $35,345

 

smile41.gifsmile43.gif

 

 

rofl.gif <---- I think that will be me, if this is what the actual cost looks like at the end of all of this...... LUCKILY, there are many costs I am willing to cut, if and when the time comes to do that (ie. bonfire, lounge chairs, fire show, and decor from the ceremony/reception,oot bags)

 

I think I just need to do an absolute worst case scenario, so that way when the prices start to come in and they are cheaper.....woo hoo!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Backy View Post

 

This is a honest and detailed break down. Thank you for sharing

Ha! Yes, it was and scared the crap out of me. So when you see numbers creep up that high, you know something needs to change and needs to change fast.

 

So we cut it all back, and are now MUCH smaller, and much more realistic (or so I hope!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
  • Topics

×