Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

Any of the past brides. Did you have children at your wedding? If so, what did you do with them during the reception? I'm not saying this in an insensitive way, I just want to know if we need to have a plan. We have several children 6 and under that will be at the wedding and I know they won't last the entire reception. Does the resort have "night care" or will the parents of the guests just retire with their children?

 

It's kind of tough having a DW & deciding whether to bring the kids. I know my brother & all of my friends w/ kids struggled with that decision. They all thought it would be a great family experience & great fun for the kids (which it was for those who brought them), but also wanted to enjoy themselves & have a romantic couple-focused trip w/o having to leave all of the nighttime activities early. In the end most everyone left their kids back home with relatives, which I know is a luxury not everyone has.

 

We did have 4 with us tho -  3 were DH's niece/nephews (ages 2, 5 & 8), and 1 was the 9 mo old daughter of a friend.  My sis-in-law took their 3 kids back to the room, probably around 10 or so, but they had a great time dancing at the reception & lasted almost the whole time.  Our friends had a unique situation - they actually flew in her parents from Japan to turn the weekend into a little family reunion & while they did bring the baby to the reception, they took her to the g'parents room around 9 or so.

 

How many children do you think you'll have? One thing we thought of doing (when we thought more kids would be there) was to bring a bunch of coloring books, crayons, games & foam crafty stuff to create a kids station at the reception. You could give a bag of things to the WC & ask her to have something put at each kids' place setting (or something like that) or set up a separate table with everything. We ended up putting all of those things in the welcome bag for DH's sister & figured they could bring them to the reception if they wanted to (I think I saw 1 coloring book). 

Dreams has the explorer's club for kids 3-12, but you'd have to check to see if it's available at night. It's also worth asking the WC if they have babysitters available for hire.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowiththeflow View Post

 

well with all my freaking out, we are looking into getting a day-of coordinator. We have contacted Chic Concepts and Mar Weddings. Both are reasonable. So even though I really don't want to add on to the budget, I feel like it might prevent me from having a heart attack! Anyone have any experience with either?

 

 

Make sure Dreams will let you work with those wedding coordinators! They seem pretty open to that but I know some hotels are a little squirley about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, so I am scheduled to be wed Jan. 14 2012 at las caletas but will be having my guests stay at Dreams PV . I am wondering when most brides have or plan to send out their invitations to guests? 4 months before wedding date or 6 months before? I have just sent out my STDs (12 months in advance with travel agent info. on it). However with my locked in rate with Dreams all guests must book 45 days in advance ...SO when should I send out invites? I want people to have plenty of time to reserve rooms before they either are all booked and hopefully do not run out of rooms as I know Dreams tend to fill up quickly. Ok ladies let me know.... I am just afraid of Dreams running out of rooms or people not having enough time to book rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevnturelovers View Post

 

Hi ladies, so I am scheduled to be wed Jan. 14 2012 at las caletas but will be having my guests stay at Dreams PV . I am wondering when most brides have or plan to send out their invitations to guests? 4 months before wedding date or 6 months before? I have just sent out my STDs (12 months in advance with travel agent info. on it). However with my locked in rate with Dreams all guests must book 45 days in advance ...SO when should I send out invites? I want people to have plenty of time to reserve rooms before they either are all booked and hopefully do not run out of rooms as I know Dreams tend to fill up quickly. Ok ladies let me know.... I am just afraid of Dreams running out of rooms or people not having enough time to book rooms.

 

Hi adventurelovers,

you can search invitation timeline on the forums and you'll find that there is no set rules for sending out invitations, it completely depends on you and how much advanced notice you want to give your guests. I am also planning on getting married in January of 2012 and plan on sending out my invitations as soon as I have confirmed my resort and pricing as my guests will only have a limited time to have their deposits in by (I will likely send them out 10 months before the wedding).

 

Hope that helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! So, I re-emailed Louise after she responded that we need an email confirming prices. I was very nice, but said I wanted to speak to whoever made these decision. Anyone have an email for someone that can deal with this?  BangHead.gif

 

On other fronts! Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate the gazebo other than tulle? I really like the floating flowers idea, but now sure how it would look in the gazebo. What did everyone who used the gazebo do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was originally working with Louise but Esman has slowly been responding for her... and now I only talk to Esman.  He is AWESOME and way more on top of things.  I guess he's been working there a while in overall event management (conferences and whatnot) but they promoted him to WC.  So, I'm sure he'll be ok since Dreams will just give him all the vendor info.

 

I hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

 

Any of the past brides. Did you have children at your wedding? If so, what did you do with them during the reception? I'm not saying this in an insensitive way, I just want to know if we need to have a plan. We have several children 6 and under that will be at the wedding and I know they won't last the entire reception. Does the resort have "night care" or will the parents of the guests just retire with their children?

i had 2, but i don't remember how old they were. i think one was 6 and one was 3 or 4? look in my planning thread for the activity books i made for them. i had the WC put them at their place at the table. they did leave early w/ their mom, who happened to be pregnant and exhausted anyway. i don't think there is night care, per se, but maybe babysitting? idk how comfortable i'd be with a strange babysitter though.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by gowiththeflow View Post

 

Hi ladies! So, I re-emailed Louise after she responded that we need an email confirming prices. I was very nice, but said I wanted to speak to whoever made these decision. Anyone have an email for someone that can deal with this?  BangHead.gif

 

On other fronts! Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate the gazebo other than tulle? I really like the floating flowers idea, but now sure how it would look in the gazebo. What did everyone who used the gazebo do?

 

do you have emails that say that they're working on the contract? i know you said they were working on it 3 months back - maybe the 3 month delay will be enough leverage? i'd certainly fight that.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by gowiththeflow View Post

 

So guess what?! Louise's last day will be Feb11. So now we will have yet ANOTHER WC! His name is Esman Mora and you can reach him at weddings1.drepv@dreamsresorts.com

 

I seriously am freaking out!

Do not worry. Esman is AWESOME! I exchanged one email with Lousie, in December, then Esman took over emailing me (not sure why, but I'm glad he did). I got married January 12th, and everything went good! He was great to work with, and everything worked out.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 View Post

 

I was originally working with Louise but Esman has slowly been responding for her... and now I only talk to Esman.  He is AWESOME and way more on top of things.  I guess he's been working there a while in overall event management (conferences and whatnot) but they promoted him to WC.  So, I'm sure he'll be ok since Dreams will just give him all the vendor info.

 

I hope!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×