Photo

DIY Jamaica Favors

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:07 AM

i was going for the beach in the bottle favors...here is what ive made so far.... did anyone bring the glass bottles and do beach in the bottle themed favors... just afraid that 20 bottles will get heavy.. maybe plastic bottles would be better? thoughts please....

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:11 AM

ooh check out this website for some great plastic bottles, we used them for our STD's.

Sand Blast Entertainment

#3 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

yes, i did the same thing for my favors and transported all of them down with me. Here is a pic:

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

I think they look great. Are you going to just bring the bottles and fill them with sand when you get to Jamaica?
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by msasfraz
          i was going for the beach in the bottle favors...here is what ive made so far.... did anyone bring the glass bottles and do beach in the bottle themed favors... just afraid that 20 bottles will get heavy.. maybe plastic bottles would be better? thoughts please....

These are really cute! Good job with them.

#6 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Very cute! I would definitely fill them when you get to Jamaica though due to weight. Just an FYI though - it is technically illegal to bring sand back through customs (some girls have had problems with sand ceremony bottles). Shouldn't be a problem, but good to know about...

#7 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

Those are WAY cute! I did MIB glass invites that turned out very cute. Glass may be too heavy to carry to Mexico, especially if you have to make room for centerpieces ect. I went to Hobby lobby in the Jewelry section and found mini glass bottles with corks that are necklace size. They were on sale for 2 for $1.00. I bought black cord and will fill them with sand for the guests.

#8 ginalynn

ginalynn
              • 219 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                Those are WAY cute! I did MIB glass invites that turned out very cute. Glass may be too heavy to carry to Mexico, especially if you have to make room for centerpieces ect. I went to Hobby lobby in the Jewelry section and found mini glass bottles with corks that are necklace size. They were on sale for 2 for $1.00. I bought black cord and will fill them with sand for the guests.
                That's a really cute idea, and it will be a lot easier for you to transport than a bigger bottle!

#9 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

You are such a creative wonder! I love everything you have done. I also want to thank you for pointing me in the right direction to get flowers for my bouts. They came out pretty good.
                  Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#10 merocket59

merocket59
                  • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Those look really cute, it might get heavy but I wouldn't worry too much about it if you already bought the glass ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users