• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephyD
    We're having a hard time with this one...

We really want to use Somewhere over the rainbow - 50 first dates... it has lots of meaning for us. We use to listen to it ALL the time when we first started dating without even thinking about a destination wedding...

But it seems like most people use it in the ceremony. I don't want it to be cheesy as our 1st dance, althought it does have lots of meaning behind it.
    I love this song so much...it can literally bring me to tears almost every time. I know that's silly but it does.....our wedding date is my late grandfather's birthday (who I was very close to) and Somewhere Over the Rainbow is a song he used to sing to me when I was little, so that's what I want to walk down the aisle to. It's kind of my little tribute to him since he's no longer with us and can't be there :)

If it means something special to you, I don't think it would be cheesy at all.
    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#32 pbjwed

pbjwed
    • 389 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by OneLove420
      We are using Forever by Ben Harper
      I love this song He is great!
      PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#33 Lindslou

Lindslou
      • 187 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

My FI and I are huge fans of Journey. Our first dance is going to be When You Love a Women. When he was picking out my engagement ring this song was playing in the store. Too perfect, meant to be I guess
        Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#34 donutdjn

donutdjn
        • 419 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

we don't have ours yet - i have waited 16 years so was thinking atbout etta james - at last! not sure about what my fiance thinks about that though - ill enjoy going through this thread for ideas x

#35 kclyburn

kclyburn
          • 153 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

Karla Bonoff-Standing Right Next to Me

#36 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
            • 191 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by *Casey*
              We're using "Lovely Tonight" by Joshua Radin. I totally just stumbled upon it, and knew right away that it had to be the first dance. It's so beautiful! Give it a listen, if you get a chance.
              WOW! I just listened to that song and it is BEAUTIFUL! My FI and I have been SOO stuck for a first dance song, I am showing him this tomorrow!! Thank you SOO much for posting this, I love this song!! It is soo beautiful! the words are amazing!! I hope he likes it..keeping my fingers crossed.
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#37 mareW9

mareW9
              • 159 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

The lyrics to both are beautiful... I would really love to find something upbeat...

#38 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm pretty sure we will be dancing to "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain - although we are totally not country fans, it's always been our song. And we've been together 12 years already so it's kind of fitting!

#39 phaat

phaat
                  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

I was thinking about doing something different and fun like this couple: YouTube - Wedding Dance First As A Couple FUNNY Baby Got Back

baby got back!

#40 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
                    • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

ours is "My favorite Book" by Stars. we are going to get dancing lessons for it though cause the tempo changes and i have no idea how we would dance to it.

we've been together for almost 11 years now and it is just so fitting for us. plus i happen to [LOVE] Stars too!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users