Photo

Tipping etiquette

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

With regards to tipping at your DW, I was wondering who you're tipping and approximately how much? I know that I'm going to tip my wedding coordinator but was thinking about the bartender, photographer...etc. Anyone that I'm not thinking about that should be considered?
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#2 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

don't forget your officiant, DJ/musicians, and head waiter/maitre d' assuming everything goes to plan!

#3 PamelaLuedekePhoto

PamelaLuedekePhoto
      • 93 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

Tips are a wonderful way to show your appreciation for a vendor. I never expect a tip from a client, and there are times when I don't et tipped, and that's ok. My adverae tip is $50 for me and $50 for my other photographer, but we have been tipped up to $100 a piece.

hope that helps!
        congrats and best wishes,
        Pamela

#4 PamelaLuedekePhoto

PamelaLuedekePhoto
        • 93 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

oh! and usually at the end of the night when we are saying goodbyes my clients will say thanks and hand us an envelope with a tip and a little note inside (I usually spend a lot of time with my brides before their big day)...it does make us feel good after a hard days work :)

#5 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

I hadn't even thought about this. Do you really have to tip the officiant? And how much would you tip them? How much would you tip the wedding coordinator?

#6 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
            • 530 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PamelaLuedekePhoto
              Tips are a wonderful way to show your appreciation for a vendor. I never expect a tip from a client, and there are times when I don't et tipped, and that's ok.
              Pamela
              my thoughts exactly,,, my best tip was $300. I was shocked to say the least.

#7 FLgator

FLgator
              • 253 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

I understand tipping wait staff, drivers, and anyone who goes above and beyond. However, I must be really cheap, because I have a hard time justifying tipping my wedding coordinator who I am requesting very little leg work from and who is pocketing over 50% of what she is charging us to put on a very simple ceremony. Is that awful of me?

#8 Banana11

Banana11
                • VIP Member
                • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

And what about the Reverend if you are meeting them for the first time at the ceremony and they are with you for about 20 minutes? What's a reasonable tip for them?

#9 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
                  • 488 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

These are all really good questions. I was wondering the same thing. Everyone that I am dealing with is included in my package and I am meeting them all on the day of my ceremony. So do I tip all of them, which would be a photographer, videographer, harpist, officiant and wedding coordinator? Or do I just tip my coordinator? Also they are not really doing that much so what should I tip? Im so confused!

#10 syl1115

syl1115
                    • 789 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

I have the same questions and the same problem. My wedding coordinator doubles as my travel agent/officiant. I am being charged enough since they really have nothing to do until the day of the wedding. They did setup payment to the restaurant for the reception.

Do I have to tip the wait staff if a gratuity is included in my bill? Do I also have to tip the lady making the cake? When does it end?
                      Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users