OMG! Did you hear about this on the news?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Larena

• 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

This is sure the talk of the town today here...and office...I have friends that have cancelled their bus trips to visit family and what not. Its such a sad situation and certainly has had quite the impact on thousands of people. :-(

#32 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Oh that's terrible. It almost doesn't seem real....

I'm so sorry for the victim and his family. He was soo young too.
      Happily married since 2008

#33 1elephant

• VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

i didn't read thru this whole thread, so i apologize if this has already been posted:

Decapitation suspect appears in court - CNN.com

#34 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by amdecker
          Does this man have a history of violence? Has he ever been in trouble before or did he just snap?

It is such an awful situation and it also causes mass panic and a loss of trust in mass transit. Very sad...
          They are not releasing anything on the man. They have released info on the victim but that is it.

#35 melwru

• 207 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

There is a Facebook group started in support of Tim Mclean(the victim) and his family. Its called, R.I.P Tim Mclean. As far as I can see it was started this am after his name was released to the media. Last I saw around 8'oclock pm CST there were already over 17,000 members!! It gave me goose bumps.

I just thought I would mention this in case anyone was interested.

#36 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
            • 530 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

I read that on another forum today... Im at a loss for words... and that never happens.

#37 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

CTV.ca | Bus attack suspect appears in Manitoba court

They let out a tiny bit of infomation on the killer. Thought I'd share the link.
                Still makes me sick to my stomach to think about....

#38 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I didn't know the accused was from Edmonton. I thought he was living in Manitoba since he moved to Canada 4 years ago. Hmmm, not sure why I thought that though. Turns out he didn't have any prior criminal record, but family and friends did notice little quirky things about him that are consistant with mental illness. A family friend works in mental health and offered him help several times which he declined. His wife was also noticing that he would hop on the bus and go for rides where ever. It is all very strange, and it is soooo sad that it has come to this.
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#39 Celina

• Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

OMG that is horrible!
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#40 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

I didn't hear about this. How awful! Makes me so excited to take the bus home from work today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users