Why would someone...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

leave a dead bird in a mailbox

Seriously. My husband and I went out for groceries yesterday, and when we got home, we saw something sticking out under the lid of our mailbox (it's mounted on the wall of our house, next to the front door) that looked like feathers. There was no way I was going to look into it (I have a hard enough time dealing with blood when I cut myself shaving), so the task fell to my husband. He's not so great with dead things himself, so he put it off until today. Sure enough, it was a small bird, just like we thought.

Both of us are more than freaked out by this. There is no way that bird could have gotten in there itself, and even if it had, it didn't have enough time to die before we got back from grocery shopping, we were gone less than an hour and it wasn't there when we left. So now we are trying to figure out why it was done in the first place, and who did it. We know we aren't very liked by our neighbours, but are clueless as to why. We aren't loud, and we say hi to people when we see them in an attempt to be friendly(but rarely get any response back).

I've been shaking since I got off the phone with my husband, and it seems to be getting worse. This is just far too Stephen King for my liking...
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

That is so wrong and gross! Wow, why in the world would someone do that?

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Try not to freak out because the twat that did it thats what they want. Just try and forget about it and put it down to one of those crap experiences.

Saying that I'd report it to the police and say that you are frightened you are being targeted. They should log it and if it ever happens again they can look further into it.

#4 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
        • 272 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

That is terrible. Some people are really sick. I hope you get to the bottom of this.

#5 zorlack76

zorlack76
          • 259 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Well, I hope I can put some ease to your mind....I have had birds get into my mail box. They always get out somehow, but it has happened. My best guess is that the bird got in and had an injured leg or wing or something, so it couldnt get out. It them probably dies because of the heat. Its probably warmer in the enclosed mail box than it is outside.

#6 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

ew. that is heinous. i think the best thing for you to do is to forget about it tho....thinking about will just disgust you more.
              reason 2908209180945 for me to lose faith in mankind.......

#7 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

That is terrible. I hope that it just got caught in there and nobody actually put it in there. Cause that's pretty gross.

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by zorlack76
                  Well, I hope I can put some ease to your mind....I have had birds get into my mail box. They always get out somehow, but it has happened. My best guess is that the bird got in and had an injured leg or wing or something, so it couldnt get out. It them probably dies because of the heat. Its probably warmer in the enclosed mail box than it is outside.
                  Maybe that's what happened. It's really scary to think it might of been one of your neighbors. That would be sick...
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 happygilmore

happygilmore
                  • 576 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

I wouldn't put it a pass a punky kid/teenager just trying to be a jerk!!!!!

#10 sassybride

sassybride
                    • Banned
                    • 294 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

I think the bird got in and then got stuck. I don't see why someone would pick up a dead bird and put in someones mailbox - ew! Don't worry about it.
                      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users