From Wedding Planning to Job Hunting

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JayBee

• 238 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

Alright, I am totally crushed right now, and I'm having trouble getting over it. I left work on Friday thinking I had a nice secure job, that all my paid vacations would be there when we go get married, and that most importantly, I was doing a good job. I had no reason to think otherwise. Apparently my boss was freaking out about business and is deciding it's my fault that it's not good right now! Geez, I suppose IndyMac customers can blame me too! I've worked for these ppl. for 6 years, and now my boss actually tried to say that I must be distracted b/c I'm planning a wedding!!! Instead of searching for a WC, i'm searching for a new job (I still have a job "for now," but I've lost my store "for now")... I'm the first to admit when I make a mistake, but I don't think I deserve this. On top of everything, I don't want to go ahead w/ wedding plans b/c I'm afraid I'll have no income soon! This truly sucks...

#2 beachbride08

• VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

That really stinks! Hopefully, you will be able to find a new job soon as it doesn't sound like a great work environment to be in.

#3 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

you ought to go to your corporate HR immediately and tell them you feel discriminated against because youre planning a wedding and your boss gave that as reason for your termination - if you can prove that you were not slacking you might be able to get something out of it

#4 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

OMG...Im so sorry. I hope everything works out for you.

#5 niels408

• 327 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

I'm sorry! What a a-hole you boss is being! Keep your head up, everything happens for a reason so there must be something better ahead of you!

#6 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

That stinks! I hope it all works out.

#7 Kryztan

• 743 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

What a prick!

#8 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

screw them over - go see someone thats discrimination and wrongful dismissal where i come from

#9 BePhoto

• 202 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

sorry to hear that -- it's a horrible situation t be in! - I hope everything works out for you!

#10 kellywinter1

• 305 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I completely understand what you are going through right now. My FI is unemployeed and has had no luck with finding a job in this job market, and my father just got laid off from his job!!! Our wedding plans are on hold right now until we can find a way to pay for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users